Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Finally got my eg but seems kinda odd????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 03:50 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my eg but seems kinda odd????

Hey, finally traded my car and got a 92 cx. Arnt those suppost to be really light??? It might just be because I have never driven a car that doesnt have power steering but it seems heavy as hell. It came with leather. Does that package add a ton of weight??? But overall I like my car alot. Only had to wait like four years to get the damn thing....
Old 06-05-2002, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Finally got my eg but seems kinda odd???? (Halive)

Hey, finally traded my car and got a 92 cx. Arnt those suppost to be really light??? It might just be because I have never driven a car that doesnt have power steering but it seems heavy as hell. It came with leather. Does that package add a ton of weight??? But overall I like my car alot. Only had to wait like four years to get the damn thing....
Sorry, fella, but you got the last Honda model made with vinyl seats. The 92 CX's were the only fifth generation Civic's with vinyl seats. I took mine out when they cracked at 100,000 miles. The steering is hard on any car with manual steering at slow speed - your arms will get stronger soon.

Enjoy.

Shawn
Old 06-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea they are one of the lightest civics out there.. it may seem heavy cause of the power steering and all the extra effort to move the car.. but sorry to let you know its not leather you got in there, its Pleather or vynil and congrats on getting the new hatch finally.. why did it take 4 hours to get?
Old 06-05-2002, 04:04 AM
New User

Yah it didnt feel too leathery... Iam putting del sol seats in the front and most likly just gonna get a regular back seat. ...thats exactly what I said when I first got in the car "my arms are gonna get huge"
Old 06-05-2002, 04:17 AM
New User

just a matter of opinion but if I wanted to run high to mid 13s on street tires and be all motor would I be better off going and getting a b18c1 or a ls/vtec. Thanks for the info.

Troy
Old 06-05-2002, 05:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Leather, that's a good one!

I've got the 1992 CX and yes they are THE lightest 1992-1995 Civic along with the VX hatchback.

See the "Let's Get This Weight Thing..." thread that I keep "TTTing" to see all the weight differences among the 1992 Civics - it's got some neato info on it.

To run high 13's on STREET tires a B18C5 will be an easy swap and with little or no bolt-ons high 13's are within reach depending on your elevation and driving skills.

I ran 13.9 in my old Si hatch on street tires with not even all the basic bolt-ons - I still have the stock cast-iron exhaust manifold, and not even a header!

A B18C1 will get you there too, but again depending on your elevation you may need some extras like some good cams and a re-chipped ECU to accomodate those cams.

LS/VTEC would get you there too, but how much are you trying to spend? If you cannot build the motor yourself you will spend MORE to have an LS/VTEC built than you would have spent on a good B18C1 swap.

LS/VTEC motors are good for extra torque and a *little* more power, but the jury is still out about their reliablily. I have seen enough blown ones/smoking ones to know that it's easy to have one screw up on you.

You will never be able to top the reliablily of a stock Honda engine build - NEVER!

That is why my B18C5 will get only cams and valvetrain, and I will be adding thsese with the head still on because I'm not ready to break apart such an excellent running, non-smoking motor yet.

Good luck, and I'm sure if you have any Q's about your "new" car they will be answered promtly here.

Late!
Old 06-05-2002, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats on the new car dude! I got a '96 CX a few weeks ago and I love it. Don't forget to change your signature..
Old 06-05-2002, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Finally got my eg but seems kinda odd???? (DevinW)

Congrats on the new car dude!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:18 PM
New User

well I was thinking and a b18c1... aem cai,jg header,skunk2 exhuast, jun 3 cams and valvetrain, eaither skunk2 intake mani or a jg one and a portflow head and ecu. Think that is enough to get me into the 13's. By the way is it possible to put a type r tranny on my gsr engine?? I know this is a stupid question to most but Iam new to the hybrid thing. Thanks for the help
Old 06-05-2002, 08:48 PM

congrats man. I just got my 92 cx a few months ago. When i first looked at it i thought my seats were leather too and i was confused on why a cx (econo model) would have leather seats. Then i realized it was just ghey vinyl. haha. O well.

Why not just get a c5 motor if you are going to spend that much money on a c1?
Old 06-05-2002, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Finally got my eg but seems kinda odd???? (ProjectCX)

all b series trannys are interchangeable with b series motors
Old 06-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

congrats....I personally like my 96 coupe better than my 92 CX...but they both are pretty cool