Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fender Flare - Wheel offset help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Flare - Wheel offset help

Hello all,
Im looking to get a new set of wheels for my EK. Its a beater i picked up just to fool around with, and im looking to do some flares on it with an aggressive offset.

with 2" - 3" flares with the fenders hacked underneath anyone have an idea what size & offset wheels i can get away with?

I'm thinking 16x8 +0 ?
Old 12-16-2016, 04:10 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Fender Flare - Wheel offset help

With 2"-3" flares you could fit a lot bigger than that under there. I have 16x8 +20 under my civic and I just rolled the fenders and pulled them just a hair. You just have to do the math, 25mm = 1" approximately. Crank your front wheels to the left and right all the way and see how much clearance you have before you start hitting the inner fenders.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not tech related. stance is RETARDED.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:03 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eghatch9295
not tech related. stance is RETARDED.

Srsly, remember when people came on here looking to make their cars handle better and go faster?

Now it's "how wide of wheels can I fit?"

I hope everyone with stretched tires eventually blows out a wheel and smashes their pile into a crumpled heap, removing themselves from the gene pool for the good of everyone.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

come on, vaping while riding stretched shitty chinese tires on rebarreled trailer wheels is DOPE. add in negative camber and you're the ILLEST.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:16 PM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew everyone would jump all over this guy, but let's remember the stupid fast and furious ricey **** we've done. Import car guys who have never done anything "rice" are few and far between. I bought my wheels for stance as well, and after scraping everywhere I go and seeing some friend's cars who have theirs set up for performance, I am evolving it into a more performance-oriented direction. Keep a car long enough and it will likely go through many different setups and stages. He's in the first stage, once he has his fill of #stancelyfe he'll probably move on.

Also, it's a damn Honda Civic, guys. He's not doing this to an EM1, or an ITR, or anything blasphemous like that.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

consider me few and far between. i have never painted interior, purchased a body kit, neons, a wing that wasnt factory Honda, painted steel wheels or hubcaps...and ive been doing this for 15 years. sometimes it takes a village to prevent stupid.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is for you OP

I knew this guy that was at least about 4in dropped on a 165/45 fake wheel... We were at a meet one day and of course he starts to rev his **** going reverse and driving foward repeatedly, I guess being a ricer is a under definition for him.

Anyways within 3-5 mins of doing that he cuts it off while it's still revving, all you here is "Look at all that oil" We run over there and a full oil pan worth of oil is on the ground.

DUDE WAS SO LOW HE SCRAPED HIS OIL PAN DRAIN BOLT OFF.

Another story a guy my friend knows scraped his oil pan so much it formed a hole in the pan while driving. Let's just say he didn't make it home, and he sold the car shortly after as a shell.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

​​OP dis you??

Old 12-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by DumpdEJ6
I knew everyone would jump all over this guy, but let's remember the stupid fast and furious ricey **** we've done. Import car guys who have never done anything "rice" are few and far between. I bought my wheels for stance as well, and after scraping everywhere I go and seeing some friend's cars who have theirs set up for performance, I am evolving it into a more performance-oriented direction. Keep a car long enough and it will likely go through many different setups and stages. He's in the first stage, once he has his fill of #stancelyfe he'll probably move on.

Also, it's a damn Honda Civic, guys. He's not doing this to an EM1, or an ITR, or anything blasphemous like that.
Except that, from here, it looks to be a pretty clean example. Five lug swap too. There are so few un-f'd examples left out there, it's just a shame to think that in no time at all it's going to have the fenders all beat out with a bat-roll job, some stupid ricer wheels on it, and the bottom of the cross member ground flat.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

you can destroy your car however you want. where you went wrong is coming to a tech help forum filled with guys who have been building these cars for 10-15 years. most of us have seen many stupid trends come and go. problem with this retarded trend is that is renders cars unsafe. stretched tires and a ton of negative camber negatively impacts braking and steering, not to mention renders tires more susceptible to blow outs, etc. if you want advice on how to destroy your car and put yourself and others in danger, go elsewhere.