Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

F-Word I crashed my hatch last night!*LONG*

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Word I crashed my hatch last night!*LONG*

Well, a friend and I decided to take a road trip to monterey to see some friends at their school. well......we got all packed up and went on our way. For those familiar witht the folsom sacramento area, we took highway 50 west from tahoe, took the prarie city exit headins south. This road it curvy and has many small but steep hills. As wea re driving we begin to pick up speed, and are just crusing. We go over a couple of these small hills just drivin. The next hill we go over was kind of big so i pick up some speed (not extremely fast but i admit it was too fast for that road; its a small 2 lane) anyway luckily my stock cx doesn't have the power to launch us too quick. As we come over the hill and down the other side i see an object in the road. Its black about 2 feet high and 3-4 feet wide, directly in my lane! So ofcourse I think oh F$#@ ! a tire! not just any tire I thaught this thing was a godamn tractor tire sitting right in my lane. So naturally I swerve and over correct, all while trying not to slam aon the brakes so we don't start to slide. Eventually I completely lost control, and we started heading for the bank/ditch on the left side of the road. F*&%# again! So i applied the bake agessivly and in we went! Very fast the front drivers side corner of my little car dove off the road into the 3-4 foot deep ditch and struck the other side. We continued to slide along the wall for about 10 feet tearing parts of my bumber off along the way. somthing caught and it fliped my car around once (i think it was only once). We came to rest scarred shitless with the *** end of my car on the far bank of the ditch that we had originally hit. The front of my car was partly in the left hand lane now looking back to where we came from. My friend and i get out and make shure we are both ok. We hear a car coming so we look up and a brand new silver MDX comes over the same hill and plows the **** out of the object drags it until it breaks loose and just keeps driving by. It was a F#$%ING rubbermaid storage container that was empty!!!!! F-WORD!!! i called AAA and we got a tow and everyhting, I am pretty shure the car is totalled. not positive though. I will have pics up later this afternoon. I'm goin by the bodyshop to look at the damage and take some pics.

thanks for reading......if u did.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F-Word I crashed my hatch last night!*LONG* (beedoublejay)

ouch, sorry to hear about that! good thing you and your friend are alright, though.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F-Word I crashed my hatch last night!*LONG* (Daniel)

I'm sorry for your loss, hopefully this serves you as a lesson to be a little more careful next time.