Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

engine vibration, new shock mounts and ride height

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine vibration, new shock mounts and ride height

I have a few questions that I can't seem to figure out or find the answers to

My engine is vibrating during idle and at first I thought it was the exhaust because its verry close to the bumper. But it turns out that its coming from the front of the hood where the latch to open the hood is. I would let it vibrate and then push down on that part and it would stop vibrating. I looked around and didn't see anything that could be jutting out.

Another question is my ride has been harsher than normal with stock springs and shocks. I took it in to get it looked at and they said that I needed new shock mounts. Are shock mounts expensive and could that be the reason why it seems that my ride is lower than normal? i

off topic question: How do you practice riding a motorcycle when you can't ride it, do you buy a cheap one and then practice?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: engine vibration, new shock mounts and ride height (ezekel)

To answer your motorcycle question, you can usually get away with riding in a parking lot if you don't have a permit/license (assuming someone else with a license gets the bike there) or, obviously, get a permit and ride on the road to practice for the license test.

If you're asking how do you practice riding a motorcycle when you have no experience and don't want to wreck it, then yes, buy a cheap one and try not to care too much. I managed not to drop my bike in the first year of ownership, but came pretty close a few times and it easily could have gone over with just a touch of bad luck.

Are you suggesting the hood latch itself is vibrating? Could be a weak spring in the secondary latch part causing the little handle to vibrate? Maybe your hood isn't latched all the way (I know, kind of a stupid suggestion, but maybe). The cable on my hatch used to stick and wouldn't let the hood latch all the way unless you manipulated the cable at the latch.

Not sure about the shock mounts, sorry.