Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DIY Red/Amber lighting in your 96-98 stock radio!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Red/Amber lighting in your 96-98 civic stock radio

IDK if anyone has posted this already, but this is a followup to the DIY climate control and gauge lighting- (https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=661308)

*I have a 98 DX with just AM/FM & tape, this may not apply to cd player civs*

To change your radio unit's lights, just take everything apart as you did so you
have access to your deck. Disconnect its plugs, (a big green one, a power input and some other cord) and pull it out.

There are two screws on each side of the plastic face, remove em! Also, pull off the volume dial. Then, using a flathead screwdriver, gently go around the perimeter of where metal meets plastic, loosening the face.

Carefully tug and it will come off. Now you'll have the faceplate which has a green board stuck in it. There are like 5-7 small screws so you'll have to bust out that mini philips that you tried to fix your PS2 with . Keep these screws safe you'll need every one of them. After they come off, gently -VERY GENTLY- used a small flathead to pry that sucker out.

On the flip side you'll see a bunch of little lights with those blue nipples on. You might have to scrape the nips off with your fingernail because they kinda rip when you pull. If you still have red/amber spray paint, spray some onto one spot on a newspaper or whatever and use a small painters brush to wipe it off and apply it to each of the lights.

You've done the gauge and climate so you know how many layers you'll want. Give it overnight to dry and like all the kings men- try to put it back together again. Just make sure you screw ALL the little screws back on tightly enough so that the buttons will work. I advise you check and make sure they all make that clicking noise when pressed, BEFORE putting it back in your dash. I wasted my time, no need for you to.

Sorry no pics, it's all pretty obvious stuff. Mod on~

Modified by theNIGHTELVES at 8:34 PM 4/12/2005
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY Red/Amber lighting in your 96-98 stock radio! (theNIGHTELVES)

This thread sucks until pics are posted

First post a DIY that I've never heard of before
Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM

You're absolutely right, *middle finger* words don't connote proper images....
Old 04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (theNIGHTELVES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theNIGHTELVES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You're absolutely right, *middle finger* words don't connote proper images....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

...and hooked on phonics 0vvnz your a$$

BTW &gt; Try proof reading / using the spell check before clicking the Post button. I have no idea what you are trying to say above
Old 04-13-2005, 09:49 AM

Are you retarded? You need pictures, and I'm saying words can make pictures, hence the middle fing.. Ohhhh you're from hicktown georgia, sorry I wouldn'tve called you retarded I if I knew you actually were. Incest is a bitch aint it..
Old 04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (theNIGHTELVES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theNIGHTELVES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you retarded? You need pictures, and I'm saying words can make pictures, hence the middle fing.. Ohhhh you're from hicktown georgia, sorry I wouldn'tve called you retarded I if I knew you actually were. Incest is a bitch aint it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theNIGHTELVES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wouldn'tve</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've talked with 4 year old children who make more sense than you. Just sad your grammar is so bad.

When you post a DIY, we like to see pics. If no pics of the work at least the before / after. Let me guess, mommy & daddy haven't bought one yet?

*unsubscribes* because this thread = pOOp
Old 04-16-2005, 10:03 AM

Lol i imply that you're a disgusting redneck bastard who was raised in an incestuous environment and you point out that i used a small touch of colloquialism? if you want pOOp look at your hatch :-O