Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Repair...Wrecked (hypothetical)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Repair...Wrecked (hypothetical)

Ok guys, this is going to sound really stupid, but here goes.
Ok, at this intersection near my house, when the light turns green and im going straingt, the people on the other side who are turning left like to gun it and get there b4 i do. This is obvously illegal as i have the right of way b/c im going straight and left turn yeilds on green. I also like to gunn it because i like fast starts . Now, my Question is.... If i were to wreck into them one day, hypothetically, and their insurance payed for my car b/c i have right of way and they are being stupid, would it be economical to repair my Del Sol or to buy a newer, better, more people to seat Civic (i'd salvage my Del Sol seats )?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:25 PM
el diablo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Repair...Wrecked (Apocolipse269)

hypothetically- Im sure you could do it.

But karma is a bitch
Old 10-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Repair...Wrecked (Apocolipse269)

Sounds like someone wants to intentionally ding his car to gold dig from someone else's insurance company. I can't blame you, and you would win in court because you do have right-of-way according to what you've said, but I dunno if you should ask questions like that on a public message board.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you'll win most of the time, but you would never win if you ran the RED!
Old 10-08-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Re: (B16Drag)

what the insurance company would do depends on the milage and age of your del sol. if its high miles the cost to repair would be greater than the value of the car in there eyes, so they would give you the whole sale price (not what you owe on the car) if you owe more than the car is worth and have no special or addictional insurance through the financier. i.e. you lose your car and you have to pay off what is left of the balance. in closing if you manage to get the core support to touch the engine they will total it. some insurance companies will let you buy back your car for the salvage price, not all of them but some.

hope this helps you out with your insurance fraud attempt
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sol_dwn)

y dont you just sell your car to get a new one, instead of trying to wreck your car and raise everyones insurance
Old 10-08-2004, 08:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol_dwn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hope this helps you out with your insurance fraud attempt </TD></TR></TABLE>

its not exactly fraud.....its just ppl are pissing me off by trying to gun it and take the right of way away from me and i have to be extremly carefull most of the time not to get into an accident. i could be like a normal driver and wreck into them, break my arm, leg, and total my car. sue the driver for lost wages, lost school time which hurts my future, sue for my car (which their insurnace would pay, along w/ medical) and make $$$ just for people who living around me being dickshits. since i own my car, insurnace would total it (its a 93 del sol w/ 157k on it, thats like $2k value), so i figure i can get a nice new civic, salvage the old car and take the seats, my stereo if it dont break...and stick em into my nice new civic that i will buy or at least start to buy with my nice insurance settlement.

or i could jsut drive carefully and keep driving my peice of **** del sol. yes you heard it, im not saying del sol's suck, im just saying mine does
Old 10-09-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Re: (Apocolipse269)

Chris it is insurance fraud if you intentionally wreck your car plain and simple. Wether you defraud the other drivers insurance or your own. Granted you would more than likely not get caught.

It is good to hear that you are just thinking out loud and not going to act on this idea.

BTW what makes you hate your car so much? Also if you own it just trade it in on something or if its a 5 speed and the body is in good shape, you can drive your p.o.s. down to arkansas i will have my wife waiting with $1500 and a plane ticket back to MD
Old 10-09-2004, 09:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol_dwn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BTW what makes you hate your car so much? Also if you own it just trade it in on something or if its a 5 speed and the body is in good shape, you can drive your p.o.s. down to arkansas i will have my wife waiting with $1500 and a plane ticket back to MD </TD></TR></TABLE>

well...i do hate my car so much b/c.....
1. It leaks like a mo fo, i hate it when it rains b/c my *** always gets wet b/c the seat is wet, no matter what i try.
2. It only seats 2. all my friends get pissed b/c i cant give them a ride to school
3. looks horibble, the paint job is fuckered b/c its been sitting in the elements for the past 2 years
4. it runs bad, and i find myself playing the game of "guess that sound" very often
5. because of the leak, and the sitting to the elements, it smells like some sort of fungus has been growing for the past couple years
6. bad interior, glvoe box fucked, clock not woking
7. Bad feul pump, in combination w/ shitty engine, bad gass milage

all in all, the cost for me to fix these thins wouldnt be worth it
Ill live with this untill i can get enough cash to buy a used '00 or '01 civic. $1500 is too low anyway , KBB says i should settle for $2500 in teh condition its in, but ill proally sell it for $2000 when i get $$ for new car, i payed (am still paying) $2500 for it from my parents, so if i sell it, i gotta finish paying them and then buy my new car
Old 10-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree that this is insurance fraud, its not easy to tell by the insurance company but it is fraud. personally i would sell the sol if u really want a new car otherwise keep it and if someday you do happen to accually get into an acident well then get a new one
Old 10-09-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: (accident prone)

your car would be totaled most likely. Its a total if it cost more than 80% more than the car is worth to fix. Figure in at least $45 ph to work on the car.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MulletManRockStar)

Just the fact that you made this topic pretty much ***** your insurance fraud idea over...