Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Body Part Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Body Part Question

I am repainting my 94 del sol and I was wondering how do you remove the rear plastic pieces that come down by the rear window and also the piece that has the third brake light in. I am assuming they are just cliped in but I do not have a helms for this car and did not want to brake anything.

Any help would be great or if you have some pics of how it comes apart that would also be great.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I think it's mentioned in a thread here about how to get rid of del Sol trunk leaks.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe there are screws and clips holding it all together. I want to paint mine soon so I was checkin that out the other day
Old 01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bumbuso)

Any more input..
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's mentioned in a thread here about how to get rid of del Sol trunk leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It is mentioned in a thread on the site. Look in the archives.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It is mentioned in a thread on the site. Look in the archives.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I search in recent and archives and nothing showed up. Link?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM
H-T White Ops

I don't have it up right now, but I looked in the archives for "del sol trunk leak".

It was on the first page within the first 5-6 results and it was linked in the first post.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have it up right now, but I looked in the archives for "del sol trunk leak".

It was on the first page within the first 5-6 results and it was linked in the first post.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well search must work better for you then me.

Error

» No Results Found

Your search for "del sol trunk leak" returned no results.
Please try different search criteria or a different data set.

» Go Back
Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
H-T White Ops

You have to search the post bodies, not just titles. Titles make your search very limited. Few threads would ever say all of those words in the title.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here you go
http://www.teamdelsolwa.com/howto/trunkleak.htm

Be very careful, I snapped a few plastic tabs, doesn't affect anything... just pissed me off lol
Old 01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (del_barry)

I just really wish that everyone knew how to use the search function. It would keep the forum from becoming so cluttered and leave more really good content (that isn't repeated all the time).

Plus it gets answers faster to the person needing them.

Here's what I searched for.

And here it is on the first page of links.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just really wish that everyone knew how to use the search function. It would keep the forum from becoming so cluttered and leave more really good content (that isn't repeated all the time).

Plus it gets answers faster to the person needing them.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And I really wish the forum was actually filled with helpful members like del_barry, just like it use to be back in the day. Instead of people telling members to search. In the amount of time and posts you wasted telling me to search and all the other bullshit, you could have just posted the link and saved us both time and frustration.

Not all people have as much free time as you apparently do, to sit here and take screen shots of how to search, then upload them to a server and make post with them. Some of us actually have a life outside of honda-tech. So next time you feel the need to tell someone how to search and then make a screen shot showing how to do it, just post a link and answer their question. And yet after all of your posts you never answered the question. I guess that is why your a member from 04 with such a high post count.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

people would search more if people weren't so willing to do the search for em.

must be a lot of HT'ers bored at work.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">people would search more if people weren't so willing to do the search for em.
must be a lot of HT'ers bored at work.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Nope, I just have a shitload of del sol info bookmarked on my phone
All this info at my fingertips
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And I really wish the forum was actually filled with helpful members like del_barry, just like it use to be back in the day. Instead of people telling members to search. In the amount of time and posts you wasted telling me to search and all the other bullshit, you could have just posted the link and saved us both time and frustration.

Not all people have as much free time as you apparently do, to sit here and take screen shots of how to search, then upload them to a server and make post with them. Some of us actually have a life outside of honda-tech. So next time you feel the need to tell someone how to search and then make a screen shot showing how to do it, just post a link and answer their question. And yet after all of your posts you never answered the question. I guess that is why your a member from 04 with such a high post count. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I help a lot of people.

I did a quick search and found what you needed. I was really hoping an '02 member would have figured out how to search by now, but I guess not. So I tried to teach you how to search.

Had I just posted a link, you might never learn how to use the search feature on this site correctly. Now that del_barry has linked you, you still might never figure it out on your own.

I in fact very rarely just tell people to search. But I saw you'd been here for so long and it was so easy to find, so I figured you might need some help.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_barry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nope, I just have a shitload of del sol info bookmarked on my phone
All this info at my fingertips </TD></TR></TABLE>
He did too. It's called "search".
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I help a lot of people.

I did a quick search and found what you needed. I was really hoping an '02 member would have figured out how to search by now, but I guess not. So I tried to teach you how to search.

Had I just posted a link, you might never learn how to use the search feature on this site correctly. Now that del_barry has linked you, you still might never figure it out on your own.

I in fact very rarely just tell people to search. But I saw you'd been here for so long and it was so easy to find, so I figured you might need some help.

He did too. It's called "search". </TD></TR></TABLE>

Frankly I could care less about using the search feature and the members on here that always say search because they can not answer the question. But since you were so set on that link, if you actually follow it, it was about as helpful as all your useless posts.

Here it is just so you don't have to Search

http://teamdelsol.com/technical/techstuff/leak/

I am glad I read that great write up sure told me a lot of how to get those panels off.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Frankly I could care less about using the search feature and the members on here that always say search because they can not answer the question. But since you were so set on that link, if you actually follow it, it was about as helpful as all your useless posts.

Here it is just so you don't have to Search

http://teamdelsol.com/technical/techstuff/leak/

I am glad I read that great write up sure told me a lot of how to get those panels off. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not "set on a link".

And I did follow it. I understood it.

Then again, I've also found other things on here with more detail to taking them off. Like I said before, there was a thread on this site that shows how to remove them (photos included).

So you're saying you'd rather make a new thread instead of searching by yourself? Nice.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you're saying you'd rather make a new thread instead of searching by yourself? Nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes thats what I am saying search ****. Don't cry i am sure there are many other people on this board that you can get your post count up in their threads by never answering their question and just telling them to search and cluttering their threads with useless bs.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes thats what I am saying search ****. Don't cry i am sure there are many other people on this board that you can get your post count up in their threads by never answering their question and just telling them to search and cluttering their threads with useless bs. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't need to get my post count up. I honestly couldn't even tell you off hand how many posts I have. I think it's 6k something, because yesterday I noticed I had 6665.

I don't usually know what my post count is though.

I'm glad I didn't help you if you're not even willing to help yourself.

If you're not willing to even search, then this entire thread was full of "useless bs" from the get go.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you're not willing to even search, then this entire thread was full of "useless bs" from the get go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually there were two helpful posts in this thread. None of them were yours. KTB
Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 AM

Take your time removing the two rear plastic pieces. I broke the plastic tabs off too. Good luck
Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HEY chad i have a full shop manual for the delsol if interested, i actually made copies to put in folders to have in shop as quick reference folders

hit me up chad
302 270 5141
dan