Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DC2 cusco cage in a EG6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC2 cusco cage in a EG6?

Anyone have any info on if a Cusco roll cage from a DC2 will fit in an EG6? Ive searched this site, and both the cusco english and japaneese sites, cant find anything. no part numbers or nothing.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2 cusco cage in a EG6? (junkyard racer)

Since I dont know the story I cannot tell you to just buy one for an EG.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know that all the suspension parts from eg6 and teggys are interchangable. is it all or most? anyway, im not to sure about the roll cage though. sorry
Old 04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you search carefully on the website??

just call them.

L.A. branch
2675 suite-202 Skypark Drive, Torrance, CA 90505
Edward Ichikawa (Cell:310-530-5380)

BOZZ PERFORMANCE
34201 Zwissig Way, Union City, CA. 94587 U.S.A.
Tel.1-510-475-0272
Fax.1-510-475-0127
E-mail: info@bozzperformance.com
URL: http://www.bozzperformance.com

N A P S
Nukabe Automotive Parts Sales Incorporated
410 Richmond Ave. Mattoon, Illinois 61938 U.S.A.
Tel.1-888-591-6277
Fax.1-217-235-6088
E-mail: naps_support@napsusa.com
URL: http://www.napsusa.com

Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: DC2 cusco cage in a EG6? (cxSHOE)

I hope youre not planning on relying on that cage in the event of a crash, cusco cages are nothing but blue interior bling
Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my guess would be no...but like voyage said, cages are meant for race cars only where you wear a helmet ALL the time when driving it. You get into a minor collision with a cage in your car and if your head hits it it will crack open like a watermelon

if you really want the reinforcment from a cage, check out a roll bar
http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Bars.htm
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: (banzai msg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banzai msg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my guess would be no...but like voyage said, cages are meant for race cars only where you wear a helmet ALL the time when driving it. You get into a minor collision with a cage in your car and if your head hits it it will crack open like a watermelon

if you really want the reinforcment from a cage, check out a roll bar
http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Bars.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even those can do more harm than good in a crash. If you aren't in a proper harness and wearing a helmet the cage will hurt you from banging on it.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

autopower roll bars have the option for a harness bar - that is to say if you have harnesses anyway. How would the roll bar do harm in a crash unless there were safety features that the bars blocked. In a civic there are no safety features in the rear of the car? I'm talking about a stripped coupe/hatch in regards of danger to the driver.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: (banzai msg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banzai msg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">autopower roll bars have the option for a harness bar - that is to say if you have harnesses anyway. How would the roll bar do harm in a crash unless there were safety features that the bars blocked. In a civic there are no safety features in the rear of the car? I'm talking about a stripped coupe/hatch in regards of danger to the driver.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not saying it won't help, I've seen many car crashes where the roll bar has helped keep the cabin in tact, but you could bash your head on the bar in an accident as well.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_Ej)

thanks for the advice on the cages. I've looked through all of those companys and if you notice my location, no one will ship one to me. -because of the size of the main hoop. Many people run cusco cages here. Its a very common thing. Is it a bling thing for me, you could call it that....is it to stiffin up my chassis, you could say that to. Is it to protect me if I roll, lets say this, if I roll my car, I dont wanna see it when it gets flipped back over. Also, how could you say that it offers no protection. your retarded. It some how comes up with a safety rating, so how could it be a bling factor?

I am going to maybe do some calling around tommorow and see what I can come up with.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:36 AM

Default Re: (junkyard racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by junkyard racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how could you say that it offers no protection. </TD></TR></TABLE>
ask about the cusco cage over in RR/AX, where in many instances they are required to have cages that fit unser certain specifications and see their opinion of them

while the cages are FIA approved, they do NOT meet either NASA or SCCA safety guidelines, nor any other sanctioned racing body that i know of *edit* in north america, which doesnt apply to you, see edit at end of post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=810105
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=446795
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1479366
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=710968
and so on...

but it is your car, do as you wish
*edit* and i did just noticed your location, my appologies for making assumptions. my exposure to alternatives you would have access to over there is very limited, but from a purely safety standpoint, i would still try to look at other options
Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Voyage34)

yes, i understand your standpoint. now understand mine. i understand that the cusco cage wont pass any type of scca regulations, and i do have another guy who will custom make me a real cage....but the fact is, it passes all regulations that i need it to pass. now my question...will it fit?