Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D16z6 turbo set up and idle prob.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16z6 turbo set up and idle prob.

Ok i have a d16z6 build i been working on daily drivin. First i have an idle problem. You know the rev up nd dwn up to bout it 1500-2 nd back dwn once the car is warm. I checked pcv thats good and im pretty sure no vac leaks. What could it be?

Second my set up is a t3t4 turbo, vitara pistons with eagle rods, balanced and shaved cam. Mostly everything else is stock. I blew 2 wastegates but i think bcuz they were cheap from ebay. I got a trial wastegate now. I need a tune but before i do that what are some good injectors? I need to get 550cc ive been told. A fuel rail is also necessary too? Whats a good fuel rail? Im looking to possibly do 10psi with the tune. What kind of power am i looking at?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:01 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D16z6 turbo set up and idle prob.

Let me paint you a picture.

Imagine a group of people dedicate a small part of every day to designing, curating, and maintaining a massive library of information specific to a topic. Every day, multiple people. Some spend 5 minutes. Some spend a few hours. Some still, most of their free time. A few of these people are obvious - the librarians, the benefactors, the security guards, those types. Others are less obvious - the people wandering the shelves of the library, sitting in those big, comfy chairs, reading books, and the people who are continually writing and editing those books. We'll call these people "the regulars".

Now, imagine a second group of people. Those people walk into the middle of the lobby of the library, and just start begging everyone around them to read a book to them. they show no respect to the people sitting there reading, and blatantly insult the people who have given many hours of their time, freely, to make things easily available to anyone who wants them. When one of "The Regulars" brings the book they want to them, opens it up for them to the page they want, and points them to the exact paragraph they want, this particular group starts making excuses, or even worse, they quite frequently lash out, blaming the very people they have just slapped across the face for their inability to follow the basic, very well known rules of a library. We'll call this group of people "The OP".

Do you see where you fit in this story right now? You can guess which group I'm a part of in this story. And now, story time is over.

https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...sting-3002401/
https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...tions-1998336/
https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...2A%2A-1024174/

Most likely your IACV, but since you failed to follow the rules (that first thread I linked you), we don't know if your CEL is on, nor do we know what ECU you are using, or even what chassis this is all in, which would all help pinpoint what your problem might be. This brings me to the second link I handed you - the FAQ sticky, where your issue is quite easily researched, if you'll put in half a brain cell of effort.

Balanced and shaved cam, eh? I'm sure you meant crank, so, modified OEM, or aftermarket? You need a tune before you even try to drive the ******* car, unless you're in the mood to throw away your money, in which case, I'm always taking donations. Good injectors? There are many options. Need 550cc? Yes. No. Maybe. You haven't given us enough information to answer that. A fuel rail? Have you even tried to put in a modicum of effort? PSI doesn't mean ****. Get the thought out of your head right now. PSI doesn't matter. The only important number is a power goal. You decide your power goal based on what hardware you have, and then boost to the necessary pressure to get that power. Not the other way around. This all brings me quite nicely to the third link I have spoonfed you. All of your painfully simple questions are answered in that one!

I've already told you the story, so I know exactly what will come next. Now we just sit back and wait for you to fulfill your role, or make the smart decision and unfuck yourself.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:48 PM

Start with making sure there are no vac leaks, tighten throttle adjust screw on the top and tighten the plunger like piece underneath throttle body it's the fast idle valve you'll take it apart and you will see a white piece in there it control the fast idle they can loosen up and cause erratic idle also clean iacv on the back of manifold and be sure coolant is flowing correctly through. Let me know if that works for you.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bench racing ehhh? T3/t4 isn't a turbo size and man your all over the place but I'll answer the first question. IACV would be the first thing to check/clean