Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

converting from auto to 5 speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting from auto to 5 speed

my friend has a 93 delso. he has all the parts to convert it to 5 speed. what would he need to do wiring wise to make this setp work, thanks, steve
Old 03-12-2002, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: converting from auto to 5 speed (17secondcivic)

i am having a bad ******* day and it's only 8 in the morning.

do a GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING SEARCH

Old 03-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: converting from auto to 5 speed (hybridreams)

i am having a bad ******* day and it's only 8 in the morning.

do a GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING SEARCH

jeez, wtf is his problem.

Anyways, steve, shoulda asked me - I did my swap in my white hatch when I had the LS dropped in. Your buddy will need: clutch pedal assy (and brake assy), clutch master cylinder, hydro lines, slave cylinder. then the shifter - figure out where it'd go (compare it to another civic) and drill out the hole (like 2" or bigger) for the linkage to sit right. as far as electrical - where the clutch pedal sits thats where the automatic control box is (its a blue box thing), disconnect it and run it over (no use for that), now the trick to get the reverse lights working. Ditch the auto shifter, but keep the "box" that the harness plugs into where it was (it sits infront of the shifter assy), use the haynes(or helms) manual and figure out what wires from the auto-shifter control the reverse function (its 2 wires), and run the 2-wires from the reverse sensor on the tranny over here (be carful, one way will blow a fuse, the other won't). Now, for the gauge cluster - I replaced my dx one w/ a si (tach), but ur friend (w/ del sol) can just disconnect the plug that lights up the automatic shift pattern thing + throw white-faced gauges on (don't get those speed-blows ). As far as mechanicals go, everything (cept shifter) has a hole for it, tranny-wise, dunno if he's sticking w/ a d-series (might need to modify the mount on chassis - best way is to line it up against another eg-body and compare - maybe brandon's civic). If he's droppin a b-block motor, they sell tranny mounts for use in a automatic-chassis civic (no welding required).

[EDIT]
oh yeah, and get that cx

[Modified by Amaury-R, 12:08 AM 3/22/2002]

[EDIT AGAIN]
oh, the automatic-chassis tranny mount adapter for the b-series will work on the d-series since the b-series and d-series tranny mounts are the same (atleast when comparing the d16z6 tranny mount to that b-series tranny-mount)

[Modified by Amaury-R, 12:10 AM 3/22/2002]