Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Chip for intake( timing advance resistor)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip for intake( timing advance resistor)

I'm not shure about installing the intake chip.......the ones that are sold in ebay for 18 $....... it says to the computer that the air is cooler.......so , that means more HP.
People told me that its ok to install the thing....others not........
So.......????????
Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chip for intake( timing advance resistor) (miguelsanroman)

I think it gives really shitty gas mileage, but I really don't know. But free bump to you.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:02 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: Chip for intake( timing advance resistor) (slvrcivic97)

link please...i woul dlike to see this product
Old 08-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont waste your time for that sh*t.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

it probobly just mods your intake air temp sensor... telling the ecu the air is colder then it is...

this will NOT result in more power.... kindof... it will to a point but after that you just run rediculously rich and waste gas and risk ruining your catalytic converter....

If I were you I wouldn't waste the money.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Chip for intake( timing advance resistor) (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it probobly just mods your intake air temp sensor... telling the ecu the air is colder then it is...

this will NOT result in more power.... kindof... it will to a point but after that you just run rediculously rich and waste gas and risk ruining your catalytic converter....

If I were you I wouldn't waste the money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

:werd: i've tried it on my car already before... it does make the car go faster.. and so does ur gas mileage as well. my friend got it on ebay for $9 and then it came with 2 resistors... he ran it on his crx and talk about black farts.... all i can say about this is... curiousity kills the cat!
Old 08-09-2003, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Chip for intake( timing advance resistor) (tokyoracer)

I heard they were made out of........................................rice..?
Old 08-09-2003, 08:15 AM

THIS CHIP IS NOT VECHILE SPECIFIC IT WILL WORK WITH ANY FUEL INJETED CAR OR TRUCK PLEASE READ BELOW FOR DESCRIPTION AND FEEL FREE TO EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS

INCREASE THE POWER OF YOUR VEHICLE TODAY!

ADDS UP TO 15-20 HP TO YOUR ENGINE!

Brand new product! Safe and easy easy to install! Get yours today!

This simple, yet effective modification will allow you to boost the power output of your vehicle's engine, without sacrificing reliability or comfort. It consists of a small electronic device (Timing Advance Resistor) that will be inserted between one of your car's sensor and the ECU. This is also know as a 'piggy back' device as it is external to the main processing unit (the ECU). You will feel the gain instantly, no fooling around or expensive tuning necessary. This unit will work with all vehicles equipped with electronic fuel injection. 99% of cars manufactures after 1990 are equipped with electronic fuel injection. Here is how it works:

You have probably heard of performance EPROM and JET chips. There chips consist of a stock computer program that has been altered to inject more fuel into the engine under acceleration. Timing curves are commonly also adjusted consequently. These chips can be found to be quite effective, but also pricey as you not only need the chip, but also a socketing kit. You then need to do some soldering on your computer board which can damage it and cause it to malfunction. On the other hand, this 'piggy back' electronic device will alter the fuel and timing curves in a very similar way as the EPROM chip would, but without even opening the ECU. How can it do that? By fooling your computer and letting it think that you are sucking air at a different temperature. Your computer will respond with increased power!

UPGRADE YOUR CAR TODAY!

HIGHEST HORSEPOWER GAIN PER DOLLAR! UNLEASH THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF YOUR ENGINE!

By tricking the computer, we are able to make the reading of the computer shift to the right in the table, which will make it think it is under heavier load and increase the power. You have the proof right there! You can either buy an eprom chip, as explained further up or even get a bigger system that will control your engine, or you can simply keep that hard earned money and install this little device. You have nothing to lose!

FAQs

What is an ECU?

An ECU is a computer that manages your engine and keeps it running. It received data from the different sensors on the engine and reacts consequently, adjusting the level of fuel injected in the engine as well as the timing advance.

What is a 'piggy back' device?

A piggy back device is a device meant to externally alter one or more signals sent to the ECU. This is a very commong thing to do but also very expensive. Most piggy back devices cost a few hundred dollars.

Will this devide fit on my vehicle?

If your vehicle is equipped with electronic fuel injection, it will. 99% of cars manufactured after in or after 1990 are equipped with a fuel injection. It will however not work on turbocharged vehicles.

Will my car accelerate faster with this device?

Yes! This is the whole point! It has been dyno proven that this device can add up to 20 HP to your vehicle!

Will this device damage my car?

Absolutely not. Since the altered signal will always stay within the manufacturer's specifications, there is no way for your engine to get damaged in any way.

How hard is it to install this device?

Installation is very easy! Detailed instructions are included with every product as well as all necessary hardware.

Do I need any special skills or tools?

No special skills are required. A simple pair of strong pliers will be necessary for the install.

If I run into trouble, can I get help?

Sure! Drop me a line and i will be more than happy to help!

Old 08-09-2003, 08:17 AM

That is what the ebay seler post in their ads......what you think?.......Install it or not????
Old 08-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (miguelsanroman)

DUDE it's a resistor...

It just lies to the ecu a little...

As far as timing advance.. you can do that with a 10mm wrench and your hand...

the fuel... it will NOT work on any car... my car has no intake air tem sensor so it wouldn't have ANY means of increasing my fuel flow.

NO do not install this you will destroy your catalytic converter and ruin gas milage all for a VERY un-affective 5hp...

In general you want to add more air and fuel... NOT just one... with more air and no more fuel you will run lean... with more fuel but no more air you will run rich...

NIETHER are what you're shooting for.

You want stoich.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can do that with a 10mm wrench and your hand..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe that's 12mm