Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car Thief question??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Thief question??

My car was broken into the other day in L.A (Pico/ La Cienega area). I was thinking they used a slim jim because there was no broken windows & the keyholes were fine. A friend of mine told me that there is something called a "Class Key" (I think that's what he said) that fits most hondas. Does anyone know if there is such a key? The drivers side backseat was also put down & you need a key to do that. The other odd thing I noticed is that there was damage to the left front wheel well, it looked almost like the took a pry bar & lifted up. They popped my hood to unhook my battery, would that have anything to do with it or is the dent just random? Anyone have any info?

ALSO if the scum that broke into my car happens to read this, thanks for leaving my "Turnouts" but the Firefighting gloves, goggles, and other gear you stole, I use that to save the lives of people...even scumbags like you!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:46 AM

Wow man, what kind of jackass steals a fireman's equipment??? I say death to thieves and vandals, we need to take the fight to them!!! Did the German's give up when they bombed Pearl Harbor, HELL NO...and neither can we. Who's with me...AAAAHHHHH!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jaydogg80)

i dunno about a class key, but i do know other stuff that i am not gonna post, for it would be vital for thieves, pm me to know more...
Old 06-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1Fastb18c1-T)

some honda keys will fit in/unlock and even start other hondas...but its not every honda. there was a thread in kills about some kids friend who had an eg hatch and he was opening doors of other egs and even was able to start a few.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (Happyman)

^here it is https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=865276

What kind of person would steal life saving equipment....?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Bloody Beaver

Default Re: (usdmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What kind of person would steal life saving equipment....? </TD></TR></TABLE>
The same kind of person who would steal someone's car
Old 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: (93 MR EJ1)

Yup......losers!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:21 PM

Sorry for your loss. Hide your VIN number if you don't already. I was shocked to find out how easy it was to have a key made at the dealership.

History lesson for the day:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaydogg80 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow man, what kind of jackass steals a fireman's equipment??? I say death to thieves and vandals, we need to take the fight to them!!! Did the German's give up when they bombed Pearl Harbor, HELL NO...and neither can we. Who's with me...AAAAHHHHH!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The German's never bombed Pearl Harbor, it was the Japanese. We retaliated with nuclear weapons and they gave up. That radioactivity gave us Godzilla, Mothra and Honda's.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zerogrip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zerogrip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That radioactivity gave us Godzilla, Mothra and Honda's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao... nice. so in that order, the honda is the 9th wonder of the world. good perspective i'm going to swap an immobilizer acura ignition into my civic now... this is just freaky.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zerogrip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The German's never bombed Pearl Harbor, it was the Japanese. We retaliated with nuclear weapons and they gave up. That radioactivity gave us Godzilla, Mothra and Honda's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No chit Cherlock, its a take off a line in Animal House But thank god for Godzilla, Mothra, and Honda's
Old 06-03-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: (jaydogg80)

This doesnt have to do with a class key but, My sister had a Lude like 5 years ago. It was a 89 and she lost her key. My next door niebor had a 87 hatch dx and we used there key to start and open the doors on the Lude. I guess older Hondas can somtimes use other keys.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Thief question?? (Questcoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Questcoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ALSO if the scum that broke into my car happens to read this, thanks for leaving my "Turnouts" but the Firefighting gloves, goggles, and other gear you stole, I use that to save the lives of people...even scumbags like you!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sad
Old 06-03-2004, 11:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some honda keys will fit in/unlock and even start other hondas...but its not every honda. there was a thread in kills about some kids friend who had an eg hatch and he was opening doors of other egs and even was able to start a few.</TD></TR></TABLE>

edit: thats fucked up to steal a fireman's equip..

yea.. my frineds 2000 Civic Si key saids "Accord Only" on it but it could be diff

i also saw the trend on the guys eg opening his frineds car.. he was first like ha its funny.. then they started the car with it... wth.. i also heard of people selling these so called "Master Keys" ..scary **** huh?

and i dont want to say this but.... you could of been careless and accidently left your door unlock.. someones when i park i suddenly remember and come back even tho i locked it just to make sure lol ..

Modified by Speedin Type R at 8:59 AM 6/4/2004
Old 06-03-2004, 11:45 PM

u were kidding when u said the germans bombed pearl harbor right?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:54 PM
overrated.

Default Re: (blue2ksi)

about the thieves stealing your firefighting equipment... that's ******* low.

as far as your dent, the cable for your hood latch runs right along the fender, they bent your fender so they could reach up in there for the cable to pop the hood.

good luck catching these low lives.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:04 AM

And here is my similar experience.

I had a red 94 ferio 2 years ago (company car). I stoped by Mc Donalds to have dinner. After a bigmac meal, I was in a hurry to get back to my car and it was raining, then I drove away. I noticed the radio was tuned on a different station and to my amazement, the seat covers were also different. Damn! I got the wrong car similar to mine, a red ferio! I was only about 50 meters away so I got back and saw my car parked 1 car away from where the car I drove off with was parked. Good thing the owner wasn't around. I parked the car and got to my car and drove away. My key turned the door locks and ignition perfectly. Since that day I alwasy use a steering column lock just to be sure. I was afraid if the owner found me in his car and accuse me of stealing it.

Hav a nyc day!
Old 06-04-2004, 12:05 AM

Default Re: (OnePointFive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnePointFive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
as far as your dent, the cable for your hood latch runs right along the fender, they bent your fender so they could reach up in there for the cable to pop the hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>

beat me to it. that's exactly why i'm removing my hood latch and cable.

there are so many ways someone can get into a civic its rediculous.

EDIT: my friend w/ a toyota celica unlocked a supra's door with his key, he didnt try to start it though.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: (Emong3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emong3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And here is my similar experience.

I had a red 94 ferio 2 years ago (company car). I stoped by Mc Donalds to have dinner. After a bigmac meal, I was in a hurry to get back to my car and it was raining, then I drove away. I noticed the radio was tuned on a different station and to my amazement, the seat covers were also different. Damn! I got the wrong car similar to mine, a red ferio! I was only about 50 meters away so I got back and saw my car parked 1 car away from where the car I drove off with was parked. Good thing the owner wasn't around. I parked the car and got to my car and drove away. My key turned the door locks and ignition perfectly. Since that day I alwasy use a steering column lock just to be sure. I was afraid if the owner found me in his car and accuse me of stealing it.

Hav a nyc day! </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow glad to see you brough it back i dont think owner would of been mad i think he would of just been **** a key could do that to his car.. glad u didnt take off with it and came back later for ur car.. goodguy. thieves = should die
Old 06-04-2004, 12:17 AM

Default Re: (Speedin Type R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speedin Type R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow glad to see you brough it back i dont think owner would of been mad i think he would of just been **** a key could do that to his car.. glad u didnt take off with it and came back later for ur car.. goodguy. thieves = should die</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not a thief. I hate thieves!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:38 AM

They should all die a slow painful death and burn in hell
Old 06-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

at least you still have your car though
Old 06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGlovr)

Honda does make keys for people who say they lost their key and all you have to do is give them the VIN. I have also seen some people before have entire rings of Honda's "universal" keys.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emong3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And here is my similar experience.

Hav a nyc day! </TD></TR></TABLE>

my mom did the same thing with her crv at the grocery store. went into the parking lot and opened the gate, put the grocerys in, then went around and unlocked and got in the car. it was about then she noticed the baby seat, and im her youngest at 17

but yeah my 94 civic key would open/start two friends 4th gen hatches, and i've got keys out of the junkyard to open my parts cars. it is VERY common for honda keys to open similar hondas.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car Thief question?? (Questcoast)

dunno about a "Class Key" but from the posts it seems lots of Honda keys will start other Honda cars than the one they came with

few threads that might be helpful in preventing this **** in the future
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Honda-Tech.com » Audio / Security / Video » How to Not Get your Car Jacked

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=857150
Audio / Security / Video » My idea of an Anti-Theft Hood

"Damn thieves, if I catch one I breaka all da bones his hands" Tony Carboni