Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C Problem

Hey guys i need some help or pointers.Currently we are experiencing wierd **** w/ mydads 93 hatchback dx.Its a AC problem. for some reason we took it twice to a place to refill his ac and it works for a couple of days then it stops cooling or working.Anyone got any ideas.The guy told us that it was a bad ECU WTF Any help is appreciated.Im looking into some troubleshooting tips like what to check how to test etc. Thanx
Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Problem (mortificationrock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys i need some help or pointers.Currently we are experiencing wierd **** w/ mydads 93 hatchback dx.Its a AC problem. for some reason we took it twice to a place to refill his ac and it works for a couple of days then it stops cooling or working.Anyone got any ideas.The guy told us that it was a bad ECU WTF Any help is appreciated.Im looking into some troubleshooting tips like what to check how to test etc. Thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha...ecu, that's funny. the ecu has nothing to do with the a/c. chances are you guys have a leak.

you can go and get yourself some guages and test it to see how big of a leak you have.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Problem (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha...ecu, that's funny. the ecu has nothing to do with the a/c. chances are you guys have a leak.

you can go and get yourself some guages and test it to see how big of a leak you have.</TD></TR></TABLE>Well thats what i said! What kind of gauges?What are they called? Sorry for the noobness
Old 09-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well thats what i said! What kind of gauges?What are they called? Sorry for the noobness </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have 93 hatch, chances are it's still the r12 freon, yes?
i couldn't tell you exactly the name or term for the gauges, but the counter guy at the store will know what you are talking about. you can find them at any parts store.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM

do u have any leaking on the ac system? is your ac dryer/receiver new?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey well it seems my ac works but for some reason it cuts off ant then sometimes doesnt come back on! Is there a sensor that controls this?