Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ac problem

Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac problem

Hey my names mike I'm pretty new here. I'm hoping I can get some help with an ac problem. I have a 93 cx with a d15b7. I was missing the third pulley for the ac, the little tensioner pulley or what ever and I got one and put it in. When the condenser fan turns on my ac blows ice cold but when I try to take off in first it sounds and feels like im in 2nd taking off. The fan isn't wired right and the connection comes loose sometimes. The car responds great when the ac is turned off though. I'm thinking electrical but I'm pretty new with cars so I'm not too sure. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ac problem

I used to have a cx with ac too...it was really weak. i thought that it's something to do with the ac too but you really have to consider how weak the motor really is. With ac, first gear will probably feel like 2nd. Just my opinion.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Show15
Hey my names mike I'm pretty new here. I'm hoping I can get some help with an ac problem. I have a 93 cx with a d15b7. I was missing the third pulley for the ac, the little tensioner pulley or what ever and I got one and put it in. When the condenser fan turns on my ac blows ice cold but when I try to take off in first it sounds and feels like im in 2nd taking off. The fan isn't wired right and the connection comes loose sometimes. The car responds great when the ac is turned off though. I'm thinking electrical but I'm pretty new with cars so I'm not too sure. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?
A native Floridian! Cool!
As for your Honda, it feels weaker when the A/C is on because the CX motor isn't a strong one. The A/C robbs power from the motor.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But when the condenser Fan doesn't come And the ac button is on the car runs fine. It's only when the fan kicks on does it run bad
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Show15
But when the condenser Fan doesn't come And the ac button is on the car runs fine. It's only when the fan kicks on does it run bad
This is likely explained by the fact that the refrigerant pressure rises to the point of triggering the A/C pressure switch to turn off the compression clutch when the condenser fan can't run.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So the b8 having less hp than the b7 would basically stop if you had the ac on?