Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A/C Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Help

I brought a 94 si with B16A swap, it doesn't have A/C compressor fan condenser ect... Since i live in TX is f---in hot so i need to install the A/C and i dont know what part to get...like should i get part that from integra or the same year civic...i need something that just bolt right on...Please help me out guys. Thanks ALOT
Old 12-18-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: A/C Help (vugoodoll)

Dude, you have no idea what PITA it's going to be to get everything in there and working since there's NOTHING there now. You're going to need a compressor, condenser, reciever/drier, evaporator (if that's not there), as well as all the lines, hoses, and seals. Then you're gonna have to buy the R-134 to charge it and the PAG oil that's necessary for compressor lubrication It's an expensive proposition, A/C parts are not cheap, even used compressors from junkyards aren't cheap by any means. You may be able to get away with a used compressor and lines, maybe a used condenser, but you definitely need at least a brand new reciever/drier, O-rings, gaskets, and seals.

If you know what you're doing with A/C, just go ahead, get all the parts, and install them...it should work, just be ready to spend at least a grand on parts, possibly more. If you don't know how to work with A/C, or don't have the experience, it'd be advisable to have a shop do the conversion for you.

To answer your initial question, there is no complete kit that I know of for a conversion, you'd have to hunt down and purchase all the individual parts. Even if you do find a complete kit (there may be one out there), it'll never be a "just bolt right on" procedure, it's gonna be a lot of work.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:48 AM
RTI

Default Re: A/C Help (vugoodoll)

Get the AC components that will fit the 94 civic. If you manage to get everything installed, the only other thing you will need is a p54 ac bracket from the delsol vtec. If you car is an SI, didn't those come with AC?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (anony95ex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anony95ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you know what you're doing with A/C, just go ahead, get all the parts, and install them...it should work, just be ready to spend at least a grand on parts, possibly more. If you don't know how to work with A/C, or don't have the experience, it'd be advisable to have a shop do the conversion for you.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you kidding? You can get complete A/C stuff pulled off of civics for like $100 to $200 on ebay , add some o-rings and a new dryer and that's what $250? The stuff is easy to install, just bolts in, anybody can do it. Lets say he doesn't know what he's doing and wants someone else to charge it, that's another $150.

This can be done for less than $500 no sweat.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: A/C Help (Falqon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you kidding? You can get complete A/C stuff pulled off of civics for like $100 to $200 on ebay , add some o-rings and a new dryer and that's what $250? The stuff is easy to install, just bolts in, anybody can do it. Lets say he doesn't know what he's doing and wants someone else to charge it, that's another $150.

This can be done for less than $500 no sweat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Easy to install" is subjective. Depends on your mechanical experience, ability, and what tools you have available to you. I've seen too many amateurs try to do big projects like this, end up way over their heads, and end up bringing a half-finished, half-screwed-up car to a shop to be fixed.

You can get all this stuff for under $500 on Ebay? Link me.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (anony95ex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anony95ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Easy to install" is subjective. Depends on your mechanical experience, ability, and what tools you have available to you. I've seen too many amateurs try to do big projects like this, end up way over their heads, and end up bringing a half-finished, half-screwed-up car to a shop to be fixed.

You can get all this stuff for under $500 on Ebay? Link me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't take that much ability to install what 6 hoses and some other drop in parts? Tools, well you need 10mm 12mm sockets, oh yeah and 14mm, 17mm. I can't think of anything else.

Just search, you can find a compressor used for around $75, all the other stuff goes for pennies. I paid $60 for everything but the compressor from a guy online who was installing a turbo.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:54 AM

thanks everyone
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (Falqon)

installing ac is easy. just dont bend the pipes around and take off things to help place the pipes in the correct place. now cost wise its cheap.. im just ask people who do motor swaps for free ac parts..