Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake, turn signal and flasher on L/H side only inop

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake, turn signal and flasher on L/H side only inop

flasher relay clicks when selected. Hazzard switch works for r/h side only. Dash indicater lights for turn signals r/h only. All bulbs are good. All fuzes good, none blown. Horn works relay in fuze box under hood checked. Upper brake strip works for brakes. Checked ground on light socket good checked ground with external wire, also good. Brake light on r/h side works. Would change flasher relay but hard to find and expensive. Hazzard switch is more reasonable, but i'm having trouble getting to it without tearing out the whole dash. Any tricks or instructions will help. I know there is a screw holding it in. Can't even see it. Plug on switch seems to be in all the way. Does it happen that one side of these switches goes bad and could cause this problem? Have meter and could troubleshoot switches with instructions. Any help could help. Read many forums and still don't know how to remove hazzard switch.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake, turn signal and flasher on L/H side only inop

Hazzard switch just pulls out. Just needed to pull a little harder. Hate to break something with too much force. Now looking for how to check switch. Will keep a post when i get any farther.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake, turn signal and flasher on L/H side only inop

Update: I replaced the hazzard switch with used one from eBay. I had no confidence that this switch was causing the problem since the flasher relay was clicking with both the right and left blinker selected. This happened with the hazard switch connected and disconnected. Someone mentioned this switch might be the problem since the wireing went through this switch. With hazzard switch disconnected or connected the indicator light on dash showed only right side lit and only right side brake and blinker working. Weird it would be the problem. Weird the left side was dead. Hope this might help someone else. I replaced this switch first because it was the cheapest. $21. $68 bucks for the blinker relay. (Cheapest price I could find).
PROBLEM FIXED