Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bad snow, bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad snow, bad!

so im driving home from work today around 6pm. it is snowing like hell, traffic is going 20-30 mph on highway, which in my opinion was way too fast for the conditions, but whatever...

im in the right lane, then i start sliding sideways intot the left lane. im like, cool, i'll just go into the left lane and keep going, no cars are in the way. but i keep drifting right through the left lane and right into the cement median! nothing i could do, i slowly downshifted, softly pumped brakes (no ABS), nada! nothing too serious, just tore the hell out of my bumper . it kinda pushed in my left headlight a little too, but im sure it will be ok once i get a new bumper.

so if anyone out there has a spare eg coupe bumper, let me know. my car is black so that color is prefered, but let me know!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:49 PM

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (ridiculous)

$1,000,000 reward for the capture of old man winter! dead or alive!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:08 PM

Yo bro, I live in Louisville and I was just at Stadium Auto parts of 70th and lowell and they had tons of EG's laying around. Bring your tools and grab one.

FYI: The snow was HELLA worse here in Louisville...Lots worse but very fun if you find an open parking lot like I did and make your own donuts.

[Modified by beau_safken, 1:10 AM 3/2/2003]
Old 03-02-2003, 12:15 AM

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (beau_safken)

No snow here!
Old 03-02-2003, 12:33 AM

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (HondaSivicST)

that sucks man. I had the same experience except i was in my jeep.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (beau_safken)

[QUOTE]Yo bro, I live in Louisville and I was just at Stadium Auto parts of 70th and lowell and they had tons of EG's laying around. Bring your tools and grab one.

thank you very much, i will have to head down there tomarrow!
Old 03-02-2003, 02:18 PM

i liv ein va, in woodbridge...and i was on Route one and i was just drving and i downshifted to to 2nd to start slowig down...and drifted to the right sde in a ple of snow...and was stuck there till the cops helped me out..so i was saved by the pigs....holla...
Old 03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I hate snow sometimes.

A couple of days ago we had snow and sleet, two horrible combinations.

I couldn't go over 30 miles on the highway and glad I didn't.
Some of those huge trucks and **** on the highway fly bly and almost push you off the road.
Especially us with EG's that are damn light, we can hardly get traction on ice
Old 03-02-2003, 02:35 PM

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (Civichatch972)

Yeah I hate snow sometimes.

A couple of days ago we had snow and sleet, two horrible combinations.

I couldn't go over 30 miles on the highway and glad I didn't.
Some of those huge trucks and **** on the highway fly bly and almost push you off the road.
Especially us with EG's that are damn light, we can hardly get traction on ice
lol...... hell yea. i was on my way home the day that **** started and everybody drivin on 190 were like dumbasses goin 35+. i get down the street from my house and i make a right turn and i go driftin almost hittin the curb. then i get home and try to park my car in our garage. well our driveway is in a steep anlge so when i got about 3/4's up my car gave way and i slid into the neighbor's driveway behind us. lol. i was like oh ****! so i jus parked in front.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bad snow, bad! (EB_kid)

( lol...... hell yea. i was on my way home the day that **** started and everybody drivin on 190 were like dumbasses goin 35+. i get down the street from my house and i make a right turn and i go driftin almost hittin the curb. then i get home and try to park my car in our garage. well our driveway is in a steep anlge so when i got about 3/4's up my car gave way and i slid into the neighbor's driveway behind us. lol. i was like oh ****! so i jus parked in front.
Damn are you serious that **** happened to me also. When I pulled at a street light to take a right to go to my girls house, I stopped to late and when I turned right, I just kept going straight on to the other incoming lane( it was some funny ****, I felt a little dumb) but the worse thing was that I dont have reverse because its locked up and waiting on a new tranny so I coulndn't get out of that situation and needed some drivers help to get me up the damn lane.
I tell you Texas weather sux....
Old 03-02-2003, 02:45 PM

i didn't think texas got that much snow! evidently i am wrong, ignornce, ignorance.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:48 PM

Damn are you serious that **** happened to me also. When I pulled at a street light to take a right to go to my girls house, I stopped to late and when I turned right, I just kept going straight on to the other incoming lane( it was some funny ****, I felt a little dumb) but the worse thing was that I dont have reverse because its locked up and waiting on a new tranny so I coulndn't get out of that situation and needed some drivers help to get me up the damn lane.
I tell you Texas weather sux....
yea man i thought i was goin to hit the curb so i grab the wheel real tight and closed my eyes waitin for it. hahaaha.
i didn't think texas got that much snow! evidently i am wrong, ignornce, ignorance.
lol. texas weather sucks major ***. it was nice and sunny 2 days before it sleeted over here. then out of nowhere that damn storm came.

[Modified by EB_kid, 5:49 PM 3/2/2003]