Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY !

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY !

Modified by xXxIntegra at 6:37 PM 9/25/2004
Old 09-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY ! (xXxIntegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xXxIntegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SO i have a B16a and i am trying to hook up this TurboXS MBC to turn down the boost just a bit. The instructions say to run the bottom port of the MBC to a boost sorce ( turbo ) and the other that comes off the side to the waste Gate, but There is no hose going from the turbo to the wastegate though, i have a Tial waste, and a T3T4 turbo, And TurboXS BOV, there is a vacume line that comes off of the side of the wastegate and runs into the Intake manifold. Is the vacume line coming off my BOV considered a "boost Sorce", can i just hook it up to that?, I also have a Boost gauge i need to hook up that just has 1 male port on it. Any suggestions or help would be mighty appriciated. </TD></TR></TABLE>

try the forced induction forum

Is that a CRX?

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16
Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY ! (Jon V)

boost controllers only stop boost from goin up, you cant bring boost lower than the wastegate spring psi setting. so anyways connect one side to the wastegate and another to a port on the turbo or a vacuum line.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY ! (Jon V)

you cannot turn "DOWN" the boost. you can only turn it "UP" with a MBC. Just leave it off until you want to crank up the psi. otherwise you need to find a new wastegate spring if you have an external, or you can turn the lil nut if you have a internal wastegate. hope this helps and please, search the Forced Induction forum
Old 09-24-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY ! (Del_Slowest)

oh, btw-----you connect the side that is inline with the screw to the IM( or the nipple on the compressor side of the turbo) , and the otherside that is perpendicular to the screw to the nipple on the wastegate
Old 09-24-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: B series Turbo, Help Hooking up Manual boost controller SEARCHED ALREADY ! (Del_Slowest)

Thanks for the quick replys, so with my waste gate, supossedly it is set for 7.5 lbs of boost, i am just real nervous and want to make sure it isnt running too much that is all. I know 7-8 lbs isnt too bad for stock B series, right&gt; Does anyone know where to plug in my Boost gauge for accurate reading? Would i actually splice it into the vacume line off the waste gate with a T fitting or off the BOV, Sorry about all the crazy questions.