Notices

Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!??

I've been using the search button like a two-bit ***** and I've come up with nothing.

My problem is, I'm mid install on my turbo setup and I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing when it comes to the vacuum lines. All I need to know is what goes where. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tial 40mm Waste Gate
Tial Blow Off Valve
Turbo XS Boost Controller
Full-Race Stage 3 Turbo System

Please don't get me wrong. I have the instructions from Full Race and Turbo XS, it's just that they don't supply pictures and the Full Race instructions don't delve into to much detail or supply pictures. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person that needs it spelled out for me or is given pictures.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (Haleiwa-Brando)

wastegate--->boost source (either from the turbo or at the intake mani, your choice)

BOV--->vac/boost source from FPR vacuum line

Boost controller--->top nipple of wastegate---> boost source

good luck
Old 10-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (Haleiwa-Brando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been using the search button like a two-bit ***** and I've come up with nothing.

My problem is, I'm mid install on my turbo setup and I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing when it comes to the vacuum lines. All I need to know is what goes where. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tial 40mm Waste Gate
Tial Blow Off Valve
Turbo XS Boost Controller
Full-Race Stage 3 Turbo System

Please don't get me wrong. I have the instructions from Full Race and Turbo XS, it's just that they don't supply pictures and the Full Race instructions don't delve into to much detail or supply pictures. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person that needs it spelled out for me or is given pictures.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hit me up on AIM and ill help you out

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteg2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wastegate---&gt;boost source (either from the turbo or at the intake mani, your choice)

BOV---&gt;vac/boost source from FPR vacuum line

Boost controller---&gt;top nipple of wastegate---&gt; boost source

good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

We recommend hooking up the BOV and the WG directly to the IM.

And with using a Turbo XS Boost controller, all you have to do is put it inbetween the wg and the IM. You will only use the side port of the wastegate. Hooking this up to the top of the wastegate will not help, the top is only meant for EBC.

If anyone needs any help with this, let me know
Old 10-02-2004, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (Full-Race Henry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Henry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hooking this up to the top of the wastegate will not help, the top is only meant for EBC.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really??? I have a Tial 35 and a Turbonetics MBC and I used the top port and it worked perfect???
Old 10-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (96-EJ6 B18C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96-EJ6 B18C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really??? I have a Tial 35 and a Turbonetics MBC and I used the top port and it worked perfect??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Are you using both ports? and what are they connected too and how is it hooked up?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (Full-Race Henry)

tial says to hook up both ports but we've hooked up Turbo XS MBC's to just the side ports with not problems
Old 10-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (reaction360)

Zol,

Thanks again buddy. I appreciate it.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Tial 40mm Waste Gate....Turbo XS Boost Controller WTF!!?? (96-EJ6 B18C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96-EJ6 B18C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really??? I have a Tial 35 and a Turbonetics MBC and I used the top port and it worked perfect??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well that is because when you turn up the boost your boost actually goes down. LOL That is what happens when you use a MBC that way. It should be hooked up the other way, to the side port
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tial says to hook up both ports but we've hooked up Turbo XS MBC's to just the side ports with not problems </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hence the VENT on the diagram
Old 10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96-EJ6 B18C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really??? I have a Tial 35 and a Turbonetics MBC and I used the top port and it worked perfect??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Henry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really? Are you using both ports? and what are they connected too and how is it hooked up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wtf? Ive been told to hook it up this way and its been running FINE@! ever since. -

(number 1)
TURBO COMPRESSOR &lt;------TO-----&gt; SIDE WG PORT
TOP WG PORT ----------&gt;MBC----------&gt; VAC SOURCE

Unless something is weird about my setup? I though this was the correct way to do it. Or

(number 2)
TURBO COMPRESSOR ---------&gt; MBC -------&gt; SIDE WG PORT
and leave TOP WASTEGATE PORT EMPTY....

Either way works for me! &gt;_&lt; Im running the muckman steel line for the turbo to WG... (from STAN, flamenco-T) thats why i had to do (number 1)..Since i cant cut into the steel line and put MBC there...( I can but dont want to )
Old 10-04-2004, 08:21 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Haha, I'm using the top port on my setup, and my MBC works backwards...you "turn down the boost" to actually turn it up.