Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set?

I posted this in the Tech forum, but it's pretty dead in there. I'm just a little worried that I might be draining my battery by having the power wire hooked up to the wrong fuse, so I'm really hoping for an answer...

So I just installed an Autometer tach w/ shift light. Red wire (fused w/ a 5 amp fuse) plugged into the Sunroof fuse, white wire plugged into the instrument light fuse, grounded the black to that metal piece behind the hood popper, and green to the blue wire in the engine bay...
The instructions say that you should put the key in the on position then adjust the shift point where you want it, and it'll stay that way until you do it again. The problem is, that if I've got my car running I can just turn the **** and it'll change the point. If I turn all the way counterclockwise it'll go on at idle.

Also, when my car is turned off the tach reads at my shift light point... Should I connect the red wire to a different fuse maybe?
Old 06-15-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set? (ShakesTheKlown)

Cmon' guys, at least can someone who has an autometer tell me which fuse they tapped into? And how do you keep it from adjusting the shift light point?
Old 06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set? (ShakesTheKlown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShakesTheKlown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem is, that if I've got my car running I can just turn the **** and it'll change the point. If I turn all the way counterclockwise it'll go on at idle.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't turn the ****?
Old 06-15-2004, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set? ({PBA}Threat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {PBA}Threat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't turn the ****? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It actually adjusts itself a little bit as I drive regularly, so I expect that at the track, launching will throw it way off, making it pointless...

The thing is, the instructions say that it should only adjust when the key is in the on position, so I'm trying to figure out if I wired it up wrong...
Old 06-15-2004, 03:18 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 0 Posts

is it an autometer or autogage? my old autogage used to do that. but the autometer line you have to push the button and turn the **** at the same time.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set? (vtecb20coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecb20coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it an autometer or autogage? my old autogage used to do that. but the autometer line you have to push the button and turn the **** at the same time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Autometer autogage, but the instructions say it'll stay at the point u set it at when the key is turned to on until next time you set it...
Old 06-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShakesTheKlown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It actually adjusts itself a little bit as I drive regularly, so I expect that at the track, launching will throw it way off, making it pointless...

The thing is, the instructions say that it should only adjust when the key is in the on position, so I'm trying to figure out if I wired it up wrong...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah OK, my mistake. Thought about glue or tape? I know its ghetto, but hey, function over fashion
Old 06-15-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Autometer Tach W/ Shift Light, Shift Light Not Staying Where Set? ({PBA}Threat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {PBA}Threat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ah OK, my mistake. Thought about glue or tape? I know its ghetto, but hey, function over fashion</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=896174

Function over fasion you say? Heh...

I'll probably use some tape to keep it in place for now, but that means it's still not working quite right, assuming the instructions are correct...