Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another civic with no spark and fuel pump not primming

ok so this is what i am working with this

2000 civic ex (canadian si)
d16y8 original engine swapped with a b18c5
obd2b to obd1 ecu harness

my friend miss shift his car and we rebuild the head. we put all together and make sure all connection and all ground (thermostat ground) are connected 3 time

my friend began to take his steering column out and did a spark that blew the ig1 40amp fuse Under Hood. i take my test light and check all fuse 3 time to see if none was blown. the 44 and 13 15amp are good.

i check continuity from the Dizzy plus to my ecu the only one i can not find continuity is the yellow/green that give the signal.

i then check the icm voltage and resistance from the primary and the secondary coil all resistance are in the spec range.

for the fuel pump i check all my voltage to the main relay and i found my voltage. jump wire to the fuel pump and its priming.

we put an other ecu in it and nothing more i try an other main relay and the same thing

the check engine light stay on

help me i want to help my friends but i don't know what to check because I am not an expert in electronic.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: another civic with no spark and fuel pump not primming

Unplug ECU connector A. Ground pin A7 or A8 (Grn/Yel wire) in the wire harness connector individually to the metal frame under the dash. Turn key to ON(II). Does the fuel pump run?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Trial User

thanks for your help i finally found the problem it turn that my friend cut for no reason the 2 junction connector under the intake so we will buy a new harness and began from zero.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Former User
Unplug ECU connector A. Ground pin A7 or A8 (Grn/Yel wire) in the wire harness connector individually to the metal frame under the dash. Turn key to ON(II). Does the fuel pump run?

​​​​​​I followed every step in this thread and got to this point. All fuses are good. Main relay is brand new. No wires are broke. When I just 1-7 and 5-7 all works. I grounded the green and yellow from the harness to the car and the fuel pump does turn on. What doni do next? What is the problem here. How come so many of these post dont have a result or idk. I just need help 🤣
Old 07-13-2020, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Breakiron
​​​​​​I followed every step in this thread and got to this point. All fuses are good. Main relay is brand new. No wires are broke. When I just 1-7 and 5-7 all works. I grounded the green and yellow from the harness to the car and the fuel pump does turn on. What doni do next? What is the problem here. How come so many of these post dont have a result or idk. I just need help 🤣
Your test results tell you that the main relay circuit is working perfectly. This means that either the ECU is bad OR the ECU is not receiving power and/or ground.

Start here --> Verify that the G101 ground connection on the thermostat housing is clean and tight.

Next, use a multimeter to look for battery voltage (power) or continuity to body ground (ground) at the following ECU connector pins.

The crucial ECU power inputs are located at ECU pins A25 and B1.

The crucial ECU ground wires are located at ECU pins A26, B2, A23, and A24.

Last edited by muellersfan; 07-13-2020 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by muellersfan
Your test results tell you that the main relay circuit is working perfectly. This means that either the ECU is bad OR the ECU is not receiving power and/or ground.

Start here --> Verify that the G101 ground connection on the thermostat housing is clean and tight.

Next, use a multimeter to look for battery voltage (power) or continuity to body ground (ground) at the following ECU connector pins.

The crucial ECU power inputs are located at ECU pins A25 and B1.

The crucial ECU ground wires are located at ECU pins A26, B2, A23, and A24.
I know it's a pain to ask but I've been at it all night. Would you have a link that shows me where those pins are exactly
Old 07-13-2020, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Breakiron
I know it's a pain to ask but I've been at it all night. Would you have a link that shows me where those pins are exactly

Wire colors found at the circled pins.