Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP

okay...heres the deal...just installed momo steering wheel in to 96 hatch...as you all know the srs lights pops up..so i just unplugged the srs plug behind the cluster....okay now that i go test drive it and see if the steering wheel is straight or not..the car dies on me when coming to a stop.this has not happened to me before..everytime i come to a stop the car dies....no check engine light at all..before the steering wheel install the car drove good..no mods on car..completely stock besides the exhuast..it alsos idles very low..500-600 rpms..this is anyoying...please guys help out..
Old 05-16-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (k_motor)

hmm real wierd, you sure you unpluged the right thing? Doesnt sound like it would be a saftey issues causing the car to only die at idles. Would really like to know how this turns out
Old 05-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (Purification)

all i uplugged was the airbag to remove it....the srs plug behind the cluster..and wired up the horn..those are the only plug i unpluged..
Old 05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (k_motor)

help
Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe it's just a coincidence that the car is stopping now and it's actually just your car stalling, check the wiring
Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (nbcivic)

thats the plan for tomorrow..still wiring the horn will cause this..???
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

checked the wiring today....everything seems to be in its place..no live wires showing at all... ...it still kills out on me..
Old 05-17-2006, 11:58 AM

have you pluged the srs back in and see if it still stalls out. rule out possibilities!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (onefast93sol)

adjust the air bleed screw on the throttle body. unscrew it a turn or so.

the proper way is to unplug the iacv while running. keep on adjusting the screw until the desired idle speed is reached. it will stall when you unplug the iacv and set a check engine light. but after you get the screw adjusted right it wont stall any more. then just disconnect the battery terminals and touch them together to discharge the capaciters in the ecu.( WHILE BOTH TERMINALS ARE DISCONNECTED) let it idle for ten minutes so the ecu will learn the idle.

this is a common problem. see it all the time. also as a double check for another problem get in the car and flick your ign switch on/off alot of times. on one of the times you turn it on and you have no dash lights the electrical portion of the ign switch is going bad. i think there is a safety recall on those. youd have to call honda and give em your vin to double check

good luck
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (onefast93sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onefast93sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you pluged the srs back in and see if it still stalls out. rule out possibilities!</TD></TR></TABLE>

did that..still nothing happens
Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aftermarket steering wheel..SRS...car dies out.????????????HELP (crypticcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crypticcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">adjust the air bleed screw on the throttle body. unscrew it a turn or so.

the proper way is to unplug the iacv while running. keep on adjusting the screw until the desired idle speed is reached. it will stall when you unplug the iacv and set a check engine light. but after you get the screw adjusted right it wont stall any more. then just disconnect the battery terminals and touch them together to discharge the capaciters in the ecu.( WHILE BOTH TERMINALS ARE DISCONNECTED) let it idle for ten minutes so the ecu will learn the idle.

this is a common problem. see it all the time. also as a double check for another problem get in the car and flick your ign switch on/off alot of times. on one of the times you turn it on and you have no dash lights the electrical portion of the ign switch is going bad. i think there is a safety recall on those. youd have to call honda and give em your vin to double check

good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

going to try this after work tomorrow...thanks for the info..
Old 05-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright..this is wierd...now it doesnt die..after driving home from work for 10mins..the car does not die no more when coming to a stop.. ..