Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

accelerator vibration 98 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accelerator vibration 98 Civic EX

I had my timing belt done about 1000 miles ago. A death in the family was coming soon, it actually came that evening and I knew that I would be heading to the DC area from CT., so I bit the bullet and just called the local Honda scumbags to get me in regardless of the price. When I picked it up my car from the dealer I sensed an extremely mild vibration in the gas pedal. Since I had been driving a '09 loaner all day that was quieter, quicker, smoother shifting and overall a superior car I figured that I was imagining it and that once the feeling of the '09 wore off I would forget about the vibration or I would stop obsessing about it and everything would be normal again. Wrong. A few days ago I was driving along spacing out when I realized that my foot was being "tickled". Yep, the vibration is still there even when I am not thinking of it.

What could be causing such a sensation when my foot is on the gas pedal?

Regarding dealers......I also ended up with a wheel shake upon downhill braking as if one of my rotors was bad which it wasn't when I went there! This is another issue separate from the gas pedal situation. They may have swapped a rotor on me but when it is warmer outside I will pull my tires and check it out. My rotors came from Advance Auto, have never been cut and I sill have the original boxes to get the #s off if need be. They may have taken weights off the wheel also. The jokers also called my cell phone while I was shopping for clothes for the funeral telling me that I would need new CV boots because mine were cracked so badly. I was polite when I told them ,"no thanks" creep jerkoffs! I had changed my oil earlier that week and I always check my boots when I am under the front end. This is my 4th Civic so I know all about CV issues. Even after the belt change, new water pump and valve adjustment I swear that the engine is louder. When it is warming up it sounds like there are hydraulics moving under the hood.

Love your Honda, hate your Honda dealer.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: accelerator vibration 98 Civic EX

bump