Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Civic LS Swap Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Civic LS Swap Issues

Hey guys ,
Here is the run down , I bought this car from a younger kid , It's a 93 Civic Hatchback with a JDM b18b (ODB1) . It was leaking from the intake manifold , So I took the intake mani off , replaced gasket (Old gasket was terribly corroded).I left the car disassembled over night , I came back the next morning reassembled everything , But the car would not start.
It just spins and Spins , But never really hits ..(Crank shaft is spinning,I originally thought my starter was bad)
I have verified I am getting fuel to the combustion chamber, and I have spark.
I have verified to the best of my ability that everything is plugged in correctly.
I have purchased and installed new plugs.
I have checked all my ground wires.
I have searched this car over , and over for a pinched wire , or any electrical issues.
I have an extra ECU ,I've even changed it over , No luck so I went back.
I've checked the fuses/Relays.

Is it possible that my spark is to weak?(Dizzy wires , Dizzy cap) (I did notice/Clean some corrosion on the end points of my dizzy cap , However I tested the wires and they are getting spark)
Could it be bad gas?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Car ran good before replacing , except for it had a rough idle at times.
I'm fixing to go back to my shop to work on it , I will update this thread with a video of what it is doing in just a bit. If you guys need any pictures to help me troubleshoot this car let me know!
Thanks for any suggestion ahead of time , and I look forward to being a member here!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 93 Civic LS Swap Issues

Did u unplug the tps and map sensor before replacement of the gasket? If ao, make sure they are correctly plugged in. Go by color of the wires and not the plug. Both will plug into one or the other.
check your plug wires firing order. Be certain they are correct.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey , First of all Thanks for the prompt reply! I've actually wondered about those sensors myself , Would you care to tell me which colors go where? I've also narrowed it down to a problem with the fuel injectors . 2 of my fuel injectors were flooding the combustion chamber while 2 looked almost dry , I noticed one of my injectors does have a visible crack in the Ceramic part. A buddy of mine is going to give me some injectors in just a little bit , And I'll update you guys on if that changes anything. Once again thanks for your input !
Old 09-27-2017, 03:11 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts

You have the TPS and Map Sensor plugs swapped. As for the fuel injectors, it should still work, even with the ceramic tips are busted. Make sure the spark plugs and wires are in good condition.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

The plug where one of the three wires is solid white goes on the MAP. There is a sticky at the top of this forum showing all the wire colors. It is also common to mix up the two wire plugs for the IAT, EACV (IACV) and canister purge solenoid which are all on the back of the manifold.

If the engine spins and spins without making the periodic sound of compression, it may have low compression which will make starting difficult.

When you turn the key on but don't crank, the check engine light should come on for 2 seconds and go out. During that time the fuel pump should run and then stop. If those don't happen it's not going to start. If this initial check sequence fails, check the main relay, ECU ground wires, fuses, and the ECU itself.