Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 civic DX fuel pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 civic DX fuel pump issues

I was trying to install an in-tank walbro 450 into my civic. I wired in a relay and pretty sure everything was all good, but when I hooked the battery up, it started to smoke instantly and I melted some grounds. Now I’m trying to fix that. I melted the ground going from the Fuel pump hanger to the front of the car, along with the Fuel gauge sender ground. I removed the aftermarket relay and wired the stock fuel pump wire back to the pump. I ran a new ground from the pump to one of the bolts for the seat belts. I sanded the paint off to make sure there was a good connection. But when I turn the key to prime the pump, it doesn’t prime. I checked the fuel pump fuse under the dash with a multimeter and there’s still continuity. what could be the problem? What else Can I check? The fuel gauge sender is still unplugged. Would that keep it from priming? I’ve been stuck on this for a few weeks now...

Also, I have a fuel pump kill switch and before I messed everything up, when the switch was on, I would have a check engine light, and when it was off it would go away. Now the check engine light is always OFF whether the switch was on or off.
thanks.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2000 civic DX fuel pump issues

Help plz. I checked the ecu fuse and it was good
Old 10-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts
Default Re: 2000 civic DX fuel pump issues

Originally Posted by bigek
I was trying to install an in-tank walbro 450 into my civic. I wired in a relay and pretty sure everything was all good, but when I hooked the battery up, it started to smoke instantly and I melted some grounds. Now I’m trying to fix that. I melted the ground going from the Fuel pump hanger to the front of the car, along with the Fuel gauge sender ground. I removed the aftermarket relay and wired the stock fuel pump wire back to the pump. I ran a new ground from the pump to one of the bolts for the seat belts. I sanded the paint off to make sure there was a good connection. But when I turn the key to prime the pump, it doesn’t prime. I checked the fuel pump fuse under the dash with a multimeter and there’s still continuity. what could be the problem? What else Can I check? The fuel gauge sender is still unplugged. Would that keep it from priming? I’ve been stuck on this for a few weeks now...

Also, I have a fuel pump kill switch and before I messed everything up, when the switch was on, I would have a check engine light, and when it was off it would go away. Now the check engine light is always OFF whether the switch was on or off.
thanks.
It is difficult to help you unless you describe EXACTLY how your rewiring differs from stock.

And melting ground wires is unusual. Post pics of said ground wires.