Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 Civic EX stolen in Hawaii -- My poor baby :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 00 Civic EX stolen in Hawaii -- My poor baby :(

Hey all, well my 00 civic ex was stolen from me on the night of june 3rd from my work place at Home Depot, cameras their are useless, local law enforcement were even more hopeless, got sum tips and names here and their but piece of **** cops dont do **** here in hawaii, on an island and they cant even find my car.......well i thought i would share sum pics of my baby as to how it was before she was stolen.........My question is, can anyone tell me what type of alarm is good and where i can get those jdm wheel clamps or boots?
Attached Images       
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: My poor baby :(

sorry to hear that bro hopefully they find it..
best anti theft measure would be Kill switches not in the usual spots like behind the crusie control button somehwere its not seen remember dont share ur security measures online because thieves also shop hondatech for cars also keless remote system of some sort idk what would be viper is good i hear...
also to prevent theft would be good to put something down ur doors so the thieves cant jimmy your door open so u can block off the rails that control ur door handles also 96-00 Ej6 4 door rear door handles without key holes also changing out the ignition out would be good because over 11 years the ignition tends to get worn down and its much easier to just pop shaved key in and start the car and park near very crowded areas when out but best would be when u keep it at home is a garage or at least park a 2nd car behind ur car but honestly if a thief really wants ur car they will take it
Old 07-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the help bro. Any link on to how to make kill switches
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know how you feel. had my eg stole but there was hardly anything in it. my cousin ek just got stolen two weeks ago. they took everything from his car.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/car-security-kill-switch-2076997/
Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by si_motor_spt
Thanks for the help bro. Any link on to how to make kill switches

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f94/...switch-289915/ heres a DIY with pics very good one but also a good place for a switch is for ur main relay

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...ill/index.html but put them in places that no one would know about like im talking about inside the dome light wiring up ur domelight as a kill switch would be neat but u sacrefice the dome light or inside ur speaker pods be creative it will slow down the process of ur car being stolen more likely for the thieves to bounce cause they cant get it started also what i found out helpful is taking off the ground wire off ur battery at night if ur car is stocka nd u dont mind sacreficing ur radio stations be creative slow the thieves down F*ck thieves
Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 00 Civic EX stolen in Hawaii -- My poor baby :(

thanks guys........
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when buying an alarm, don't just buy any alarm, any cheap old alarm will just make noise which is useless in this society since nowadays when people hear an alarm going off they just get annoyed instead of alarmed.

go for a 2-way alarm so YOU know when it's going off.

also you should get as much add-ons for the alarm as possible like a back up battery just incase they disconnect the battery, or sensors for breaking glass or popping the hood or whatever.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude if you liveon the big island pm me soon as possible.Not sure what to say but damn law enforcement in hawaii dont do nothing for us victims but the law sure does help out these punk thieves.My homies car was stolen at the hilo mall broad daylight with witness's around and the fuzz still did nothing.I ended up finding my homies car being stripped in a vacant lot by tweakers in the process of stripping the car.Phoned 911 told dispatch the news cops never showed,my homie ended up pulling a bat on the 2 theives and they called 911, cops were there in minutes.so yah if you live on the big island n still need asecurity system go c my good friend Ron at AnJ IN HILO INDUSTRIAL across da street fro da mall he is real good and programs his own system.So that means if your car gets stolen again it is an inside job.Good Luck