Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

Does Hondata flashpro leave footprints after returning to stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Hondata flashpro leave footprints after returning to stock tune?

i have a 2017 civic hatchback 1.5t dual vtec with the CVT auto tranny, the rev hang is terrible and really kills what i wanted out of my daily driver... looking to run a flashpro but dont want to void my warranty. does anyone know if the flashpro leaves any trace of its self? basically does hondata's flashpro "stock" mapping 100% match factory "tune" without the dealership knowing other wise?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: Does Hondata flashpro leave footprints after returning to stock tune?

I do not believe it leaves any trace... and the stock programming is EXACTLY the same tune as Honda originally programmed into the ECU because it is essentially drawn out of the ECU and stored in the flashpro... and ultimately exchanged for the "custom" tune that you have programmed into the car when you choose to "return to stock". Just to clarify and confirm this, I suggest you contact Hondata and verify this information with them.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Hondata flashpro leave footprints after returning to stock tune?

It will flash everything back to stock. However, if you have an issue and flash it back to the stock tune to take it in for a warranty claim, they will be able to tell you reflashed the computer recently due to the key cycle count. If the stock tune is in there with a high key cycle count they know it was that way for a while. If the key cycle count is low, they will know the computer was reset recently and will probably question why. Make sure you have a believable reason why the computer was reset if you have an issue.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For one the CVT doesn't have rev hang.Two the manuals that have rev hang can't be disabled on the new civics yet with flashpro.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

I can't speak for the current Honda ecus, but most modern ecus (VW/Audi come to mind immediately) have some sort of incremented value or checksum that changes whenever the ecu is reflashed. Whether or not someone is looking for it likely depends on what for and why it is being looked at.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
For one the CVT doesn't have rev hang.Two the manuals that have rev hang can't be disabled on the new civics yet with flashpro.
Yes you can and you could for months

set your overrun fuel cut delay to something low like 10 or 20

Honda has full logs of the ecu if you happen to blow your engine. Someone blew their engine from an over rev. They can see what was the peak boost was and highest rpm even if you reset your ecu
Old 08-29-2017, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by komat
Yes you can and you could for months

set your overrun fuel cut delay to something low like 10 or 20

No that's not getting rid of revhang, that is masking the problem. Do that and full throttle shift or miss a shift and let me know how that goes.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
No that's not getting rid of revhang, that is masking the problem. Do that and full throttle shift or miss a shift and let me know how that goes.
many users are running this on another civicix forum
Old 08-30-2017, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by komat
many users are running this on another civicix forum
Yes I know so am I. My son has a 16 coupe. Ktuner is the only one to actually get rid of it. If hondata thought that was the proper way to remove revhang safely it would have already.