Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Ok, Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brakes DON'T fit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok, Brembo Big Brakes DON'T fit. - PICS ADDED (ChargedSI)

Thanks for the info, I'm a noob at all this so every explanation helps. I thought boost was set by some kind of turn **** or switch on the supercharger apparently I was way off.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice man! Glad to hear that you're still happy with the HFP suspension
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I almost forgot what I was going to say.....umm......hate you!! I have wanted a Big Brake Kit forever. Looks clean and awesome! Nice work. Did you put in new wheel bearings because of the stud replacement?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dr. D-Series)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. D-Series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Slow down dude. I didnt say mean anything of the sort.

Why so quick to defend ? And to call me a jackass ? Strong words for no reason at all. And I wasnt being FUNNY.

I simply asked why you chose those brakes. Curious to know what your motivation was.

And I just wanted to know if you noticed any acceleration difference. I know a few years back when I swapped from dx to ex calipers/rotors I did feel a slight accel lose in 1st and 2nd gear.

Is that really something to get defensive over ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has a super charger. That's a lot more power to slow down, and if he tracks it regularly, a big brake upgrade is a very smart modification.

But, you are not an idiot for asking the "loss in acceleration" question. It's a very valid question. A Brembo big brake kit is a HUGE gain in rotational mass, and I could see it slowing down the car a little amount, but probably nothing noticeable. But, he wouldn't have to chase his car all over due to brake fade or not enough braking power, so I am sure he gains a lot of time on the track.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are the best RED brakes I have seen, mainly because they aren't just painted! :D

Great job, looks clean.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Ok, Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brakes DON'T fit. (Hellzcivic)

i want to get those for my sedan thanks for the info.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Ok, Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brakes DON'T fit. (rolow)

dude i want that setup with rpf1 17x8.5 wonder if it will fit with spacers
Old 03-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Re: (Dr. D-Series)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. D-Series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Slow down dude. I didnt say mean anything of the sort.

Why so quick to defend ? And to call me a jackass ? Strong words for no reason at all. And I wasnt being FUNNY.

I simply asked why you chose those brakes. Curious to know what your motivation was.

And I just wanted to know if you noticed any acceleration difference. I know a few years back when I swapped from dx to ex calipers/rotors I did feel a slight accel lose in 1st and 2nd gear.

Is that really something to get defensive over ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Mr. D.

I am really sorry about my response. I totally miss read and miss understood your comment in your post. I apologize. Been a little defensive and moody lately. They put me on Pregnizone for my back and it is messing with my moods (among other things). I also apologize for not responding and apologizing sooner. I thought is best to keep off the forums till I got off the medication and was more myself.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I did not notice anything with the new rotors except the car stops MUCH faster now. I really do not pay much attention to weight, as is apparent with the 2, 10 pound custom molded fiberglass subwoofer enclosures I am installing (removable). I love increased performance but love a clean custom look as well. I personally have not tracked the car yet and don't street race so weight is not a big concern for me.

The main motivator for the Brembos was the increase braking performance since I added the supercharger. The Supercharge currently is only boosting about 5 - 6 psi, which, along with the Header, Intake, Exhaust, and some tweaks to the reflash program that comes with the supercharger, got me to 260 WHP. I also knew I wanted to increase the boost when a programmable fuel tuning application came available. I had the money at the time and figured I would need better braking eventually anyway, so got the brakes.

Anyway, sorry again about the response, it was totally out of line.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea thats cool man.
Im on meds too right now, feeling pretty shitty.

260 whp must feel nice.
My pal has an 07 Si Sedan with just some suspension, an intake a a test pipe I welded up for him. Its fun as hell, I could imagine what yours is like.

Feel better dude, good luck with the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ChargedSI)

Whatever you do don't stay off the forum, the information in your head is hard to come by for some noob like myself.