Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Water Leak Driving me Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Water Leak Driving me Crazy

Hey guys I've got a water leak I've been chasing for weeks and can't find the source of it. It's coming from under the dash on the passenger side. In the corner where the firewall and side panel come together. LX model, no sunroof.

So far I've gooed body seam sealer along that seam where the 2 come together as far as I can get my hand in that crack and it's still leaking right down along the seam sealer. I took the fender off and found a place where I thought it had to be leaking. See pics. The sealer in the pic is where I had put it before taking the fender off. Covered that hole in body seam sealer and hoped that got it. It didn't. MAY HAVE slowed it down but it's STILL leaking. Trying to avoid going thru the hassle of removing the dash and am not sure if I did I'd be able to see the area I can't reach from below due to the ductwork. Gonna pull the fender again and look around. By the way, replaced the cowling with brand new and no stop. Gonna pull that back off too and run some water into that trough and see if anything comes from that area. It's not getting in from the air intake for a/c ventilation.

Thought maybe it was coming from poorly replaced windshield from who knows when but I put some windshield sealant in there and when I taped along both sides of the trim piece that goes down the side if it and sprayed water along it, it still leaked so leak has to be below the windshield right?

Can anybody offer suggestions/ideas on what to check next? Thanks gents!