Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

For everyone who can't find there water leak.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For everyone who can't find there water leak.

The other day I got my new carpet in, after thinking I had fixed all my leaking problems. I let the carpet sit out for a day and was going to install it today after work, well toay it rained and I had water on both the passenger side and the driver side. So I finally said screw it and went to Walts Water Works in VA, and he looked at it and told me my drive side leak was coming from a rubber grommet in the firewall, and the passenger side leak was coming from the roof seals where the roof is welded to the rest of the car. So if any of you have a leak and just can't find were it is coming from try these two locations, or the opening between the inside of the car and the firewall where the heater changes from circulate and pull from the engine bay.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (hbracer93)

i also have a driver's side leak
Old 02-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (b20vrex)

reviving from a month..

This thread is pretty old and I didn't see a new one of these threads for a little bit. Since its the rainy season, i'm wondering if anyone is noticing their water leaking problems still?

My eg hasn't been in the rain yet but I feel a lot of moisture in the foam padding piece thats on the passenger side near the firewall. I'm gonna check the drain tube for the sunroof but then I doubt thats the problem. And for some reason after noticing that the thread starter sealed his plastic cowel thing near the windshield wipers and still is having problems leaking, I kind of want a more definate answer from people who have had the similar problem and have overcome it.

I did notice that the rear seats had a small amount of moisture also which could have been from the last time it had rained.

Question 1. Are most of the problems with leaky back seats/spare tire spots related to the gaskets in the tail lights or is there something else that causes the leak from that location also?

Drivers side seems to be okay.

I bought my car without carpet and I'm working on it as we speak. Just bought some carpet and I want to fix any leaks before putting in all the interior in. this is stressin me out.... agh

Oh yeah, I also read about some type of a recall on 92+ civics with leaky water. Anyone have any information on it? I checked a recall site but I didn't find a leak related recall for civics.

Modified by The-Beast at 3:13 AM 2/17/2005
Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (The-Beast)

bump
Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (The-Beast)

Back from the dead because I'm probably going to fix this problem today.

There's actually a service bulletin for 92-95 Civics about the seam at the firewall and the main chassis leaking. It's not a recall, even though it floods my driver's side with 2 inches of standing water (******* riles me right up), but if you want to fix it, here's what I've been told to do:

Remove the wiper cowl and run a bead of silicone caulk along all the seams you find, including the ones that run around the blower-passages. Pay special attention to the seam at the firewall.

I think I'm going to do this right now. Why the **** am I up at 10 a.m. on a Saturday? Karma
Old 06-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have not had a problem with leaking since. if you are leaking in the rear its either a roof seem or your taillights
Old 06-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the bulliten for anyone interested....
Old 06-11-2005, 03:35 PM
w

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (Cee_mon)

i personally immerse my car in a big tank of water (swimming pool works great) and anywhere i see little bubbles rising i mark with a waterproof marker and go back and fix them.

not really i replaced my weatherstripping on my trunk and i no longer leak
Old 06-16-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (Hondadude96)

where i can find the bulletin about the 94 integra ? cause many ppl on the forum here said the also have the water leak problems.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (Cee_mon)

Hi there
thanks for the info.

I sealed what is shown in the pic, and i left my car outside on a rainy day to test... and i still get the same puddle on drivers side!

i dont know what else to do.. help please
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For everyone who can't find there water leak. (ScorpioX)

i also have a water leak in my sedan but it's trunk only on the driver's side i tried some silicone around the part where roof rails connect to the rubber windshield piece but it didn't help , i was thinkin about takin out the rubber part around the rear windshield and putting some silicone or weather strip thing, any one had this problem before and how did u fix it?