Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Civic running too rich

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Civic running too rich

Well, i was able to get my car running (just a weak battery) but my car seems to be running really rich( my air/fuel ratio gauge shows me that) and white or black smoke comes out from the exaust, spark plugs are black, im just clueless already, could my timing be off? when i rev it and the the rev comes down, it sounds like it almost dies out then it idles funny kinda a like a mild cam would sound like. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks...
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Civic running too rich (si_motor_spt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si_motor_spt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, i was able to get my car running (just a weak battery) but my car seems to be running really rich( my air/fuel ratio gauge shows me that) and white or black smoke comes out from the exaust, spark plugs are black, im just clueless already, could my timing be off? when i rev it and the the rev comes down, it sounds like it almost dies out then it idles funny kinda a like a mild cam would sound like. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Tell people a little more about what's going on. We don't even know what motor and computer you have.

People will help you if you give them more information.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Tell people a little more about what's going on. We don't even know what motor and computer you have.

People will help you if you give them more information.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Indeed.

Without knowing what you've screwed around with, it sounds like something in the vacuum system is hooked up incorrectly - but I could be totally wrong.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, your timing could be off. Check you fuel pressure too (fpr could be stuck).
Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si_motor_spt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, i was able to get my car running (just a weak battery) but my car seems to be running really rich( my air/fuel ratio gauge shows me that) and white or black smoke comes out from the exaust, spark plugs are black, im just clueless already, could my timing be off? when i rev it and the the rev comes down, it sounds like it almost dies out then it idles funny kinda a like a mild cam would sound like. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought white smoke was coolant burning, maybe a head gasket?