Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

So who's the genius...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default So who's the genius...?

So who's the genius responsible for putting the VSA switch between the fog lamps and the sunroof?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So who's the genius...?

vsa? Vehicle stability assistance?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where would you like it to be? I would say where the heated seat buttons are, but I seem to always hit those by accident, so that's out too. Honda doesn't seem to like putting buttons too low on the dash (too far to look down, causing too much eyes off the road time). Would you like a cluster ##ck like the 8th gen has on it's dash? I am starting to dislike new cars, because it seems like audio accessories, telephone, nav, and other luxury items are more important than driving these days. I guess that's progress, but I can do without all that stuff. I may have to keep my 03 running forever, cause I don't need all this extra crap in my car. OK, rant over.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George Knighton
So who's the genius responsible for putting the VSA switch between the fog lamps and the sunroof?

Do like I did... I just disabled mine
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by MSchu
Do like I did... I just disabled mine
Well....

I'd rather leave it on. It has its uses in normal, everyday driving. The VSA switch also turns off traction control...so I don't know about driving around with it off in regular commuting.

I'd rather have it off on the track because you're going to want the car to rotate, and the computer's going to want to straighten it out.

But I'd leave it on w/everyday driving.

The real complaint is that people are switching the VSA as they try to switch on the fog lights or as they search for the sunroof tilt.

People who want to turn off the VSA are not going to mind looking for the switch in a harder to reach place. I can't think of any reason why you'd want the VSA switch to be so accessible, unless it was part of marketing the fact that in those days Honda was putting VSA on a car that didn't cost that much.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BLKFLSH
Where would you like it to be? I would say where the heated seat buttons are, but I seem to always hit those by accident, so that's out too. Honda doesn't seem to like putting buttons too low on the dash (too far to look down, causing too much eyes off the road time). Would you like a cluster ##ck like the 8th gen has on it's dash? I am starting to dislike new cars, because it seems like audio accessories, telephone, nav, and other luxury items are more important than driving these days. I guess that's progress, but I can do without all that stuff. I may have to keep my 03 running forever, cause I don't need all this extra crap in my car. OK, rant over.
i totally agree.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:17 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by BLKFLSH
I may have to keep my 03 running forever, cause I don't need all this extra crap in my car. OK, rant over.
Well, you know, looking at the facts and figures, if you own a G7 or G7A Accord, there really isn't a whole lot to recommend a G8 Accord.

You can look at performance, economy, safety and insurance rates, and the G8 does not seem to enjoy any advantage to be worth buying a new car.

IMHO, of course.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, I was the genius.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, you know, looking at the facts and figures, if you own a G7 or G7A Accord, there really isn't a whole lot to recommend a G8 Accord.

You can look at performance, economy, safety and insurance rates, and the G8 does not seem to enjoy any advantage to be worth buying a new car.

IMHO, of course.
Yes, it seems the only thing I would gain with the 8th gen, is rear seat room. I don't use the back seat enough to justify the expense. I think the 8th gen has the advantage of the "new look", but not necessarily better looking.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want, you can remove the lower dash panel and re-route the buttons. Route the VSA to one side, that way you can remember to not hit that button instead of looking to make sure you don't accidentally deactivate it.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:39 PM

7th & 8th gen differences are more than looks & weight. but, with new technology always comes new problems. i do not see the big deal about having the vsa button where it is, but then again, I dont have a sunroof or fogs. so, i am never near that area nor do i ever shut the vsa off.

I thought you had to depress & hold the VSA button to deactivate. are you thinking you are tiliting the sunroof when ur actually hitting VSA?? that sounds more like your error than Honda's to me.