Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

fuel injector cleaners

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injector cleaners

for my 2004 2.4l; is it okay to use the chevron one or honda one? also, is there any harm using them?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fuel injector cleaners

Not sure what it's like with the fuel you guys get over there, but in my experiences, you probably wont see any benifits to using the cleaner. UK fuels are pretty good though....
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fuel injector cleaners

fuel cleaner is fuel cleaner. Doesn't matter what the packaging says in this matter as it's designed to be used and burned up and it's not like the Honda special formulated ATF, PS, Coolant or whatever fluids they designed for longevity in their cars.
With the mileage you've posted in other posts (87k i think) I'd go for whatever states its a full system cleaner for high miles. I've already recommended the "guarantee to pass" cleaner which will strip all sorts of gunk from your engine in your other posts. While this may be a very strong cleaner it is supposed to "gently" clean your entire fuel system from top to bottom. However I will say that I used this myself and while I did get remarkable results in my car, several days later it did give me the most interesting excuse I've ever given to a boss that I was unable to make it to work one day due to "major bad gas problems". He thought I had the stinks when what really happened was that I cranked up my car one day and it idled violently, had no power and threw out a check engine light that said I was having multiple misfires which ended up being some severe carbon buildup being blown out and it fouled up my spark plugs for 2 days before being burned off with no work needed at all. After that everything was still running great but I avoided cabbage just to make sure my boss didnt have any concerns.