Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Changing Manual Transmission Fluid (Drain bolt, check bolt, filler bolt)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Manual Transmission Fluid (Drain bolt, check bolt, filler bolt)

So I was attempting to change my transmission fluid the other day, and also followed the manual's directions. They show the most tiny picture ever for the filler bolt diagram. I spotted the drain bolt and check bolt with ease, but don't know where the filler bolt is. Does anyone know if the filler bolt is huge, small, higher than the check bolt, or lower than the check bolt? Where is the bolt!!?

Last edited by ch0baca; 05-28-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the filler hole is the same as the check hole

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...d.php
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM

Icon6 Re: Changing Manual Transmission Fluid (Drain bolt, check bolt, filler bolt)

Originally Posted by ch0baca
So I was attempting to change my transmission fluid the other day, and also followed the manual's directions. They show the most tiny picture ever for the filler bolt diagram. I spotted the drain bolt and check bolt with ease, but don't know where the filler bolt is. Does anyone know if the filler bolt is huge, small, higher than the check bolt, or lower than the check bolt? Where is the bolt!!?

I have had the same troubles looking for and finding the bolt.

However, it is because you are looking in the wrong place. You need to get out from under the car and stand in front of the engine. Then look down to the right of the engine block, north of the battery, directly under the fuse box. Then you'll find the bolt in the ridiculously small picture in the manual.

You'll also need a long narrow funnel to fill with MTF. You'll also need an extension bar and ratchet to remove the bolt (I used a 24" extension bar with a knuckle).

Again, if looking at the engine, it's to the right looking down into the engine just north of the positive battery terminal.

hth,
kingofbytes
Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Changing Manual Transmission Fluid (Drain bolt, check bolt, filler bolt)

are you serious?? i managed to change the fluid but maybe i did it wrong. i haven't had any noticeable problems though. dang i gotta check this out then. but i think that the method i used is just as good. i think it's probably the same thing. as long as the fluid is at level with the check bolt i think it's fine.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:56 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Changing Manual Transmission Fluid (Drain bolt, check bolt, filler bolt)

I HATE changing fluid in those but boy do I love driving them.