Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2008 Accord MICU fusebox programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 2008 Accord MICU fusebox programming

Hi everybody, I'm Travis, and this is my first post here. So go easy on me

After some forum searching and troubleshooting, I've come to the conclusion that my wife's '08 Accord EX-L driver's side fusebox/MICU is malfunctioning. Rear turn signals seem to be shorting with the running lights & brake lights, and other components in the car. I have checked all the bulbs, ground connections, & molex plugs and they all appear to be OK. Leading up to this issue, the fuse box was making a strange clicking sound like the relays in it were spazzing out, so it really seems like the MICU is the culprit. After reading here on the forum, it seems like this is a fairly common failure...

Called the dealer and they wanted $530+tax for the box, and another $400 for labor, which of course is robbery. I found a donor box for $38 and I am waiting on FedEx to ship the thing from NJ out here to Orange County, CA. Meanwhile, my wife is driving my Tundra, which unfortunately just started having problems of its own. Starter contacts are failing so I am scrambling for parts for that while shuttling wife and kid to and from school on my motorcycle and working from home. Wife works til 12:30 am so I'll be picking her up in the middle of the night. She's freaking out, things are getting real stressful, and I could really use some help.

My question is- Can someone recommend a competent, local independent Honda shop in the Lake Forest, Ca area that can handle the MICU programming, or know someone in the area that can handle this? Preferably someone who isn't going to price gouge. Another term comes to mind but since I am new here I will be nice and refrain.
Also, does anyone here have experience using the Launch x431 OBDII programmer? I am trying to track one down, and mistakenly purchased the yellow model (easydiag) that only reads and resets error codes. Whoops! I'd like to get my hands on the red one, like the one in this video: If there's another similar (affordable) device available that can perform the same task, please let me know.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Travis

PS the part number on the fuse box is TA5-A701
Old 12-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Accord MICU fusebox programming

Try iATN shop finder https://iatn.net/repair to find a quality independent shop in your area, or Yelp. They will not be cheap,as the two (professional,competent auto repair, and cheap) do not coexist.

There also are no "cheap" tools available to program the immobilizer. The Launch tool in your video with this capability is around 3 grand.