Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

04 accord ex, map light and both accessory ports not working? Fuses are ok?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 accord ex, map light and both accessory ports not working? Fuses are ok?

Just got myself my first car. I noticed the map lights didn't work, but the rear dome light? did. Found out when I tried to install my dashcam that none of my accessory outlets work. I checked 3 fuses by the feet and a few under the hood. I'm worse off now as my radio has reset. I think everything on this car worked fine besides the outlets and the map lights and the cruise control switch not locking, which I'm ordering a part soon. I wasn't really able to check the lights, and not sure about the trunk lights or if it even has any.

First off I did have the car in accessory mode, even when I turned the car on to park back in my sport, my camera didn't turn on. I have also tested the camera in a different vehicle.
I checked fuses 6, 9, 32, by feet. Can't find a picture to remember what fuses I pulled from under the hood, but I don't want to go back in there right now. All of the fuses I checked were good. I found mention of a relay but no one went into detail on it. I shoved my multimeter needles down the outlets and got nothing. Hope I checked them right. The armrest one would add a negative to the 0. I shoved one straight down on a little divot and because there wasn't much room left I put the other to the ring of the outlet.

I'm more worried about getting my dashcam working then the map lights, but I haven't really looked at the map lights. What do you guys think I could look for next?

Thanks,
Higgins909
Old 07-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 04 accord ex, map light and both accessory ports not working? Fuses are ok?

Alright, so I replaced one map bulb, as that was all I had and it's working. I tore the console open and found out neither of the accessory outlet connectors were even connected. Why on earth would someone do that? Right now the only thing holding me back from plugging them back in, is frying something in my car, or frying my dashcam. I remember one was about 12.4v and the other was at least 12v.

Some finds of my new car. My car wasn't cleaned the best, so there are still some garbage around the center of the seats. Found 2 pennies so far, also found some paperclips under the flip cover outlet. The cupholder is missing a prong thing, but under it I found a random screw that looks like the ones from the "not a ashtray" cubby, and a spring for the missing prong as well as part of a prong. I think. I also ended up getting the papers and flag that was on the outside of the car. Wonder if I was supposed to get those. Oh well.

But yeah, why would someone unplug them?