Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my suspension drama (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as coilovers, PIC performance gets my vote. That is what im going to eventually when I have the money. They allow you to chose your own spring rate. both the stockbody and spring travel are adjustible as well as the dampening.
http://picperformance.com/store/scripts/news.asp

:edit: Vy check your forsale thread Yes im stopping by after I get off work. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good choice chris, i'm actually thinking about PIC for the R also. haven't heard anything bad about them and they're one of the sponsor for EXPO so i might come back from VIR with some goodies
i will see you at 5 and please don't mind the dirty car
Old 01-24-2008, 09:31 AM

Default Re: (babyS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have TEIN SS on the sol, hmmmm if i need money bad enough i might part with it unless you're looking for brand new one???</TD></TR></TABLE>

This may be retarded of me, but would I notice the difference between new and used? How much would you be looking to get outta them?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Have you ever noticed that for a Photography student, Jon never ever posts pics.

at Jon

Sad day for me though, an old co-worker of mine at the magazine passed away yesterday. </TD></TR></TABLE>

jon is a commercial advertising studio photographer, so my camera never leaves the studio

i've got a few pics though from my crappy little camera that i'll try to load up.

sorry to hear about your friend. an ouzo for the homies
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jon is a commercial advertising studio photographer, so my camera never leaves the studio

i've got a few pics though from my crappy little camera that i'll try to load up.

sorry to hear about your friend. an ouzo for the homies</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isnt a studio photographer like shooting fish in a barrel?

Get out there and shoot moar!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good choice chris, i'm actually thinking about PIC for the R also. haven't heard anything bad about them and they're one of the sponsor for EXPO so i might come back from VIR with some goodies
i will see you at 5 and please don't mind the dirty car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oooooo Nice!!! If they have good deals on them... maybe I can No no no I cant afford to spend anything on the suspension right now. MUST GET B00ST!!!

Ill see you around 5:40pm because I get off at 5:30.

Oh and I have OEM springs if you decide to part out the coilovers. You will need shocks though because mine got tore up trying to get them off.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my suspension drama (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xathine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2nd day in a row for my sol not to start

i had like 1/10 of a gas tank the other day and we had a really bad freeze, and it didn't start, i put 2 gallons of gas in the tank today. I'm going to push it into the garage and turn on the heater to warm it up

hopefuly i didn't expletive anything up </TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure but is 1/10 tripping on E?
I only fill up my tank half way (just a habit for when i go to the track, indoor shows, or add race fuel and need &lt; 1/4 of gas) and i admit it gets pretty low some times looking for a gas station

worse thing you could do if it the tank ran really low/dry is the fuel pump may have been damaged
more likely if its stock, but if its a walbro 255, you should be fine

i think you're in pretty good shape though and i bet it will start when its warm
unless something else is wrong causing it not to start

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryangirl444 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know where I might find the SS Tein for less than $900? If so, I might think about going wild and just doing it. IF not, I've decided I'm going with the skunk2 for $500 and one day when I'm rich and/or get a great deal I'll get the SS Tein, and sell or save the skunk2's. I've also decided that I'm not buying a camber kit til I get the suspension and get it on and see if I need it. Worse case scenario, if I need it really bad, I will drive one of my bf's Jettas while I wait for the camber kit to arrive.

Sound like a good plan?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
for skunk2
unless you can find the SS teins for cheaper, go with those

probably not worth getting cheap teins just to have teins
if you buy teins, a good brand, you should probably buy the best ones they offer since you're already investing that much money into the name ya know?

the only bad thing i've heard about tein is that they are not good for drag racing cause they don't get stiff enough, but that probably doesn't matter to you

yay, you're finally buying something yourself and won't hate me/be so bitter for posting what I WTB. LOL

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As far as coilovers, PIC performance gets my vote. That is what im going to eventually when I have the money. They allow you to chose your own spring rate. both the stockbody and spring travel are adjustible as well as the dampening.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

My buddy that road races his EK has PIC in it
I'm looking to eventually get omni powers myself
not sure if i should get the drags for track performance and sacrifice DD comfort
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Isnt a studio photographer like shooting fish in a barrel?

Get out there and shoot moar!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha no way, its much more interesting (to me)

plus, at the level i'm working toward, i don't want to work with $250,000 shoot budgets, that's just way too much responsibility for me. one hard drive goes bad right after the shoot (and they frequently do with me) and it's game over for your career.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jon is a dirty ***** and never leaves his moms basement

i've got a few nude pics with Hater from my crappy little camera that i'll try to load up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear about your friend. an ouzo for the homies</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man, it really hit me even though we knew he had heart problems.

Anyways...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM

You guys has any of you bought the skunk 2 vtec solenoid cover ? I bought it and i put it over my stock cover and its just loose and can spin freely do I have to do something else to put this on ?

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/...=1844

I remember seeing someone on here having it on but cant remember who it was.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is such a random thought, but it made me chuckle to myself a bit:

what if someone asked you post a picture of their camera?
what would you do, get another camera or take a picture of a mirror?

lame i know

ownage:

videos!!

Modified by mugen-k at 2:14 PM 1/24/2008
Old 01-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL thats funny because i actually AM living in my moms basement for the next week and a half before i take off for china.

fine, i'll post up pictures today. but not the ones of hater. you gotta pay for those.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is such a random thought, but it made me chuckle to myself a bit:

what if someone asked you post a picture of their camera?
what would you do, get another camera or take a picture of a mirror?

lame i know </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you like to smoke? because that is TOTALLY something that someone stoned would ask hahahahahahha
Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jit01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys has any of you bought the skunk 2 vtec solenoid cover ? I bought it and i put it over my stock cover and its just loose and can spin freely do I have to do something else to put this on ?

I remember seeing someone on here having it on but cant remember who it was. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SEAN
Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys has any of you bought the skunk 2 vtec solenoid cover ? I bought it and i put it over my stock cover and its just loose and can spin freely do I have to do something else to put this on ?

I remember seeing someone on here having it on but cant remember who it was. </TD></TR></TABLE>sean has one... i thought there was an allen head grub screw that tightened it?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL thats funny because i actually AM living in my moms basement for the next week and a half before i take off for china.

fine, i'll post up pictures today. but not the ones of hater. you gotta pay for those.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bwahahaha I knew it!!!!!

As for the pictures, I'll just get em from Hater.

BTW you got PM
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 AM

WrongWD all I got with mine was the cover thats it i bought it from weksos and it was sealed so I dont know.. I will message sean is that his username ?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you like to smoke? because that is TOTALLY something that someone stoned would ask hahahahahahha</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah, only thing i smoke is exhaust fumes or burnout
i'm just a geek with stupid random thoughts LOL

edit:
so i finally changed the settings on my photobucket so my pics aren't so huge
now when i post pics they won't take up your whole screen
i realized how big and annoying they must be to you guys

samples:

640X480

or 800X600

Modified by mugen-k at 2:28 PM 1/24/2008

Modified by mugen-k at 2:31 PM 1/24/2008
Old 01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">God damn do I want an Ameripol top... Ugh...</TD></TR></TABLE>

same here....maybe we should organize a GB for them. I think the last one I heard about was 550 shipped w/10 or more people

doesn't seem too bad plus I think it'd be awsome to have on rainy nights or just whenever it's too cold to take the top off....plus fully loaded it's 4-5 lbs lighter then stock
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember seeing someone on here having it on but cant remember who it was. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have it... mine seems to fit on fine no real wiggle room but yes does slip right off and on, I guess you could put a small piece of double sided tape at the top of the inside if it bugs you,
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WrongWD all I got with mine was the cover thats it i bought it from weksos and it was sealed so I dont know.. I will message sean is that his username ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here, not the best design, but it looks 100x better than the stock one, even though it's hard to see on my measly d16z6
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

william: 800x600
Old 01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my suspension drama (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not sure but is 1/10 tripping on E?
I only fill up my tank half way (just a habit for when i go to the track, indoor shows, or add race fuel and need &lt; 1/4 of gas) and i admit it gets pretty low some times looking for a gas station

worse thing you could do if it the tank ran really low/dry is the fuel pump may have been damaged
more likely if its stock, but if its a walbro 255, you should be fine

i think you're in pretty good shape though and i bet it will start when its warm
unless something else is wrong causing it not to start
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, she started right up when I let her sit in the heat for a bit. Thank god.

I normally never let my tank get under 1/2. But I was hung over and wanted to get home the other night, didn't want to be out longer then needed
Old 01-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
doesn't seem too bad plus I think it'd be awsome to have on rainy nights or just whenever it's too cold to take the top off....plus fully loaded it's 4-5 lbs lighter then stock </TD></TR></TABLE>
i was really happy to hear this ^^^ and when u said its even lighter than the CF top
another reason i'm glad i traded mine for it
its cool in the rain except i hate/don't drive in the rain anyway (dirt+water+white car = ftl )

how often do you guys take off your top anyways?
i used to all the time, whenever i got the chance...
lately i rarely do, only when its really nice or going to the beach or a cruise
maybe i'm just too lazy or don't want to get caught in the rain...(happened a few times in the past)
maybe i should just do the transtop swap LOL

i had my stock white targa top on while i was doing the swap but didn't lock it cause it wasn't driving yet and and it flew off when my dad went for a test drive (without telling me )
not too much damange surprisingly though, only one corner bent...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
or 800X600

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Missing head light brackets are we?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Xathine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xathine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Missing head light brackets are we? </TD></TR></TABLE>

no he's not, he just doesnt have aux lights
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">640X480
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey William did you do the tuck yourself? Or did you hire someone to do it?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc2_4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Love the stance!

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!