Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh its my wallpaper atm

it was gorgous i would prob take that over everything there
Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah thats what happens to people who have more than a two mile commute.
Besides you drive like a Grandma. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahah so true, i think i've put about 3k miles on the R and i've owned it for almost a year now

p.s. i totally agree with you about the porsche
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (delslo93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Look what I just won off of ebay for $300!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let me bUy it
Old 09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc95vtec-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
lol [freak] that, once its on, its on haha idk if youve ever swapped out the hubs like that, its not the most fun thing haha, but i might just get it and sell it seeing as i like my 4x114 wheels and i just got my big brakes! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have
and i'm with you that its not fun...
specially the front trying to pop the tension on the ball joints, tie rods, control arm, all tied down with castle nuts and cotter pins that always managed to get lost

and also the axle nut as well and not a good idea to to keep popping it in and out of a spline oftenly...i'd be afraid at least one of those times it might go in wrong or not all the way :crook

not sure how hard and time consuming the rears are...never done them before except when I originally took everything off with the trailing arms, lcas, and suspension from the integra for rear discs

I mean its easy and all and doesn't take much time, specially if you have removed them before, it should all pop off relatively easy and no rust or anything
But i mean its just not worth it for a set of wheels is it?
I already think its a PITA enough to change a full set of wheels let alone the hubs too

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep I wanted both and when I found it I had to jump on it

Yeah def. haha

Can't wait to get that on there with the 97 front bumper. Now I have to decide what color I want to paint my car or just get it resprayed red. decisions decisions </TD></TR></TABLE>
Considering what both go for seperately its definitley a good deal
not to mention its already done so no chance of messing it up trying to do it yourself (not that its hard)

looks like you have a nice upgrade for your front and rear of your del sol exterior

sure you don't want to keep the spongebob yellow color? lol
Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoRt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoRt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anybody ever seen a scoop style intake like on the jdm dc fronts for a 96-97 del sol?
that would look so mean.......................... </TD></TR></TABLE>

They also make them for EGs too

Jays could rock one on his hybrid bumper LOL

why don't you buy one and try another DIY on your bumper?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

im actually thinkng about it. im building a turbo kit and want 2 do something unique with a side mount intercooler and a scoop like one of those
Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (babyS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahah so true, i think i've put about 3k miles on the R and i've owned it for almost a year now

p.s. i totally agree with you about the porsche </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. Just wow.

I wish I lived as close as you do to your work.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k0rupt_ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeh its my wallpaper atm

it was gorgous i would prob take that over everything there</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would love to own a classic porsche sometime in my life.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sure you don't want to keep the spongebob yellow color? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spongebob FTW!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Totally off topic but anyone know were there is a dumby write up on wire tucking..
I saw the big forum but there isn't like a step by step. or anything and the last thing I want is to [freak] my car up even more you know..

Ownage..
Que?

Modified by SOLITUDE at 3:46 PM 9/24/2008
Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have
specially the front trying to pop the tension on the ball joints, tie rods, control arm, all tied down with castle nuts and cotter pins that always managed to get lost

and also the axle nut as well and not a good idea to to keep popping it in and out of a spline oftenly...i'd be afraid at least one of those times it might go in wrong or not all the way :crook

not sure how hard and time consuming the rears are...never done them before except when I originally took everything off with the trailing arms, lcas, and suspension from the integra for rear discs

I mean its easy and all and doesn't take much time, specially if you have removed them before, it should all pop off relatively easy and no rust or anything
But i mean its just not worth it for a set of wheels is it?
I already think its a PITA enough to change a full set of wheels let alone the hubs too

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol yea, i mean, ike you say, once youve done it, and know what your doing, its cake, but still time consuming, and a big PITA, soo, [freak] it

plus i just took this 5 lug setup off my buddies old eg about 2 weeks ago sold it, now the guy wants to trade me for it ahah

but like you sai, i dont think it will be worth it i nthe end, i mean, its not like im getting bigger brakes, and wheel selection is nice, but def way more $$ then 4x114
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

Picked up a few new parts lately, nothing major and here's one of them/the most recent one

(For PA MATT)
Aerocatch CF hood pins:

up close/weave:

pretty impressed with the finish and quality considering its such a small piece

Was buying them for when I get a CF hood so they'd match, but might just put them on my hood now and replace the ones I already have

These are the flush so they are supposed to mount underneath, but might just mount then on top like my regular plus flush ones do now (like the look of it that way better) just gotta get the right hardware (they make a tamper proof with different screw heads)

plus my hood was not cut for these type which require a perfect outline to be cutout, and mine isn't "scared"

besides mounting different, these don't have locks and thats a feature I really like with the ones I have now (like lug nuts...w or w/o locks lol)

Pics of my old/regular/locking/top mount ones I have now

Video in action

only negative about these pins is that I can't rock a cool OEM hood bra like everyone else

Modified by mugen-k at 8:26 PM 9/24/2008
Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bra woot!

new lens woot!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice lens
Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2394596

He says they're "EK4 foglights" made to fit a del Sol.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

idiot

took these from that page...kool pic lol

Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have dealt with that more than any one should. but i can change and axle like you wouldnt believe
last winter i went through atleast 4 axles in my 4dr once it left me completely stranded in a parking lot. so there i was the day before christmas eve, changing an axle at 11pm in a snow storm/sleet storm. &lt;&lt;&lt;i almost wanted to cry

do you guys know of the non-destuctive way the pop the ball joint off? without a fork?

here it is. cause every one should know!

Modified by ian_b16 at 3:18 PM 9/24/2008
Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Fake)

MY SOL IS FIXED WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

my uncle put the wrong plugs in and they were shitty autolites anyways and it was missing the MAP sensor gasket.

But it's in the process of tuning right now
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ian_b16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have dealt with that more than any one should. but i can change and axle like you wouldnt believe
last winter i went through atleast 4 axles in my 4dr ones it left me completely stranded in a parking lot. so there i was the day before christmas eve, changing an axle at 11pm in a snow storm/sleet storm. &lt;&lt;&lt;i almost wanted to cry

do you guys know of the non-destuctive way the pop the ball joint off? without a fork?

here it is. cause every one should know!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just swapped motors and had to pull the axles out. for the ball joint i just beat it with a sand hammer. axles were stuck together for some reason *scratches head*
Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

last winter i went through atleast 4 axles in my 4dr once it left me completely stranded in a parking lot. so there i was the day before christmas eve, changing an axle at 11pm in a snow storm/sleet storm. &lt;&lt;&lt;i almost wanted to cry

Modified by ian_b16 at 3:18 PM 9/24/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

i always use a hammer. hold the control arm up and hit the joint with a hammer till it falls. easy stuff.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondamn1320)

i never have luck with a hammer. once my friends were changing a transmission, and a kid that swears by the hammer thing was going at it for ever. then i stepped in with just a ratchet. pop, took like 10 sec. i found that amusing.hahaha.

order map lights monday night. ann there are already here! LA is awesome!
except the fact that when ever i wash my hands they get sticky!? WTF!?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i never have luck with a hammer. once my friends were changing a transmission, and a kid that swears by the hammer thing was going at it for ever. then i stepped in with just a ratchet. pop, took like 10 sec. i found that amusing.hahaha.

order map lights monday night. ann there are already here! LA is awesome!
except the fact that when ever i wash my hands they get sticky!? WTF!?</TD></TR></TABLE>

what are you doing before you wash your hands?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solattack77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solattack77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what are you doing before you wash your hands? </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i knew some one was gunna say something like that
Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not soap ....its a tarp...

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!