** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default FV-QR

Anyone see this 350Z?

http://my350z.com/forum/lounge....html

And pics (couldn't load quickly because computer was being really stupid).

The last three are not Civic sedans, but close enough.

Modified by NOFX at 10:13 PM 10/6/2008
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (portfl0w)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by portfl0w &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow never seen that before im in love, that thing looks so hard. they shoulda made a EL version of that wagon... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man
Well it wouldn't be hard to put a domani front on, it would be a bolt on affair apart from the radiator support just like the EK front. And technically, it is an EL, well, that's the chassis code anyway

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Berman, I would LOVE to see you get some good photos of your car. You own the only Orthia I've ever seen modified and it's just difficult to find decent photos of them here anyway.

I just showed my friend and she's in love with it. "Woah! That's badass! " as she said.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha thanks, So would I. It's not mint by any standard, full of rock chips and scratches though. Tell your mate i'm flattered, well the wagon is haha

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sundown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Berman: how difficult is it to source aftermarket parts for your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's kind of like the EL, apart from the front bolt on's, most things in the middle are EK civic, it's rearward of the seat's that's different, 4wd subframe shorter shocks etc

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome, it's nice to have a home on H-T for my wagon

SiR Mallard, I have some pics of my faux carbon stuff, it's all oem factory fitted, I'll just upload to photobucket, but in the meantime, anything I can help with, just ask away

Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We're not meeting on the same level, I think you guys are talking about too many different details. The indifference I'm pointing out and chasing are in the last two photos I posted. I want the carbon bezel, but have no proof to it's existence or where it came from.

This is a big problem for me considering I have owned the EK4 Navi system since 2000 and have about 8 years of ownership and knowledge of it, but still could not tell you where that stupid carbon bezel came from. Pretty frustrating.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (93civicsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93civicsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know what this box is on the jdm 96-98 ek fog harness? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think this switch is the one that is not locking...

there are 2 types of ek fog switch.. 1 is when you push it, it locks. the other one doesnt lock..

it locks on the relay "box". when ever you turned off and on the ingination it will automatically switched off..

hope you get it
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ Looks like the Relay box for the power folding mirrors. I've never seen a fog switch that had that.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mallard..

whats up bro?

a friend of mine have that carbon navi.. he's the one who goes to japan to get parts as surplus... he told me that it came from orthia

when you look closely to the carbon print. it was different on the vi-rs and ctr carbon bezzel

the navi carbon is shinnny and have a shade of blue..

HTH bro
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiR:Mallard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR:Mallard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ Looks like the Relay box for the power folding mirrors. I've never seen a fog switch that had that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the relay of the power folding mirrors have light blue socket..

i have a pic of the similar switch..

you just have to wire them properly to your car so it the "relay box" will lock whenever you push it

im sorry i cant help on wiring...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR:Mallard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We're not meeting on the same level, I think you guys are talking about too many different details. The indifference I'm pointing out and chasing are in the last two photos I posted. I want the carbon bezel, but have no proof to it's existence or where it came from.

This is a big problem for me considering I have owned the EK4 Navi system since 2000 and have about 8 years of ownership and knowledge of it, but still could not tell you where that stupid carbon bezel came from. Pretty frustrating.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Judging on what Berman has said about his carbon stuff, I would be willing to bet that the carbon "EK4" navigation is not from an EK4 at all. It's more than likely from a Partner or an Orthia.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (euroek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euroek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mallard..

whats up bro?

a friend of mine have that carbon navi.. he's the one who goes to japan to get parts as surplus... he told me that it came from orthia

when you look closely to the carbon print. it was different on the vi-rs and ctr carbon bezzel

the navi carbon is shinnny and have a shade of blue..

HTH bro</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are right, this will be the most useful post I have read on here in months. Any idea what else in the Orthia had carbon trim? I've even seen it on the door and window control bezel. Is that from the Orthia too?

Just found this link
https://www.tradecarview.com/r...50233/
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Hope this helps Mallard

And the rear doors have it too

Comes on the EL2 98-00 Orthia GX Aero, the other model orthia's didn't get it
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the carbon switches came from vi-rs

i know cause 2 months ago i got a whole set of vi-rs kit, as in whole kit

as you look closely. virs 2din climate control and window switches have the same carcon pattern. fine bluish

virs- fine bluish

ctr- big carbon pattern, grayish, matte

orthia navi, medium size carbon pattern, bluish, shinny

Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Berman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Berman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thanks guys for making me feel welcome, it's nice to have a home on H-T for my wagon

SiR Mallard, I have some pics of my faux carbon stuff, it's all oem factory fitted, I'll just upload to photobucket, but in the meantime, anything I can help with, just ask away </TD></TR></TABLE>
post some pics here, go ahead and make yourself a folder if you like.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone see this 350Z?

http://my350z.com/forum/lounge....html

</TD></TR></TABLE>
is that WOOD! hahaha classic. love the self tappin screws. thats OEM all the way.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euroek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

virs- fine bluish

ctr- big carbon pattern, grayish, matte

orthia navi, medium size carbon pattern, bluish, shinny

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If the Orthia Navi system has the bluish tint then I may want to avoid searching for it then. I originally wanted to get it because my gauge bezel is also the carbon trim (ek9). But by your descriptions it appears they will never match even if I do get them.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM

The orthia comes with the same EK9 fake carbon surround on it's cluster, and yes it is miss-matched from the factory.

Would you like me to post another pic or am I not helping?

Cheers portfl0w, I will have to have a look through my album first, I have heaps of pics, just crap ones though hehe
Old 10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Berman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The orthia comes with the same EK9 fake carbon surround on it's cluster, and yes it is miss-matched from the factory.

Would you like me to post another pic or am I not helping?

Cheers portfl0w, I will have to have a look through my album first, I have heaps of pics, just crap ones though hehe </TD></TR></TABLE>

No. This helps a lot. Thank you. Is the bluish tint on the navi drastic from the gauge cluster bezel? Your photos have a blue tint to them so I can't determine how blue the tint really is in the material.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
HT White Ops

Default FV-QR

To be honest, I've never seen the "EK4" navigation in a stock Civic. I've seen it in an Orthia ... but never in an unmodified Civic.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's another photo of the carbon fiber finish on the climate control/radio bezel in an Orthia.

Here's navigation in an Orthia.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be honest, I've never seen the "EK4" navigation in a stock Civic. I've seen it in an Orthia ... but never in an unmodified Civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well lets change that. Here is your proof. I added the Mallard so you know it's authentic info from my hands.

The Book of Truth.. all 1600 pages.

The Details

Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR:Mallard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. This helps a lot. Thank you. Is the bluish tint on the navi drastic from the gauge cluster bezel? Your photos have a blue tint to them so I can't determine how blue the tint really is in the material.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, didn't know if I way way off track or what

Post up the pics I sent if you like.

NOFX has the double DIN one in the first pic, mine is only single (non navi)
The bottom two are probably from a 96+ EL1 b18b orthia, the fake carbon panels only came on the 98+ GX Aero model of the Orthia.

The bluish tint is probably from the reflection of my car being SSBP
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 PM
HT White Ops

Default FV-QR

Interesting. I believe it happened, but I'm just saying ... never seen it IRL.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Berman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok well just think of it as a sedan with a hunchback
I dont really have any decent pics

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wanted to quote it again coz this car is just dope
Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wouldnt mind knowing what that front lip is on that purple ek sedan a few pages back either !!! :D
Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mallard..

im pretty sure that orthia carbon patter/finish is different from ctr carbon/finish

i like the finish of the ctr more. matte look

Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euroek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mallard..

im pretty sure that orthia carbon patter/finish is different from ctr carbon/finish

i like the finish of the ctr more. matte look

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vi-RS
Satin finished, fine cubic printing.

Type R
Satin finished, carbon printing.

Type Rx
Glossy finished, carbon printing, but the grain is slightly bigger than Type R and has slightly bluish tint.

I am using the one from Orthia, it has different pattern though as previous postings.

Quick Reply: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2