Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SiR:Mallard)

you need another p72, the p2a is what came with your car stock. which is strange because i always joined p72 with gsr components but if i remember right the gsr has a p73 which is usually type r. or somethig fuzzy i remember some confusion...

oop again --

Modified by portfl0w at 10:42 PM 5/12/2008
Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the shooting range is on the streets of LA, CA.

sorry havent been online for a while... car got hit... front end is .... so right now a lot of plans for the ride.... doing a lot to it all at once.... pics will be up soon but not that soon.... so for now, goodnight..... i envy all you guys right now.....
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen mj5)

Awe man, that sucks dawg. Guna stay on the el front? Haha nice text btw
Old 05-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (portfl0w)

Do any of you guys know how to wire your fogs so that they come on with the parking lights not the headlights? Im know there has to be a simple way! I spent about a hour or so repining plug but no joy!

Thanks
Tyson
Old 05-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Floyds_Customs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Floyds_Customs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do any of you guys know how to wire your fogs so that they come on with the parking lights not the headlights? Im know there has to be a simple way! I spent about a hour or so repining plug but no joy!

Thanks
Tyson</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. Just need to know what year your car is.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen mj5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen mj5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry havent been online for a while... car got hit... front end is .... so right now a lot of plans for the ride.... doing a lot to it all at once.... pics will be up soon but not that soon.... so for now, goodnight..... i envy all you guys right now..... </TD></TR></TABLE>
sorry to hear dat bro
keep us updated on the ferio

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Floyds_Customs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do any of you guys know how to wire your fogs so that they come on with the parking lights not the headlights? Im know there has to be a simple way! I spent about a hour or so repining plug but no joy!

Thanks
Tyson</TD></TR></TABLE>

what kind of fogs do u have? i have 99-00 esuse foglights and wiring them is so easy. i have oem fogs too but im keeping them stored away. the oem wiring is just too oem (lol ).
if u have oem fogs here is a link
http://www.handaaccessories.co...s.pdf

and the link u are looking for. fogs to come on with parking lights
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1991524

Modified by battle951sedan at 8:30 AM 5/13/2008
Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR:Mallard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep. Just need to know what year your car is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

96 with 99-00 front end!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by battle951sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

with try tonight

Modified by Floyds_Customs at 8:49 AM 5/13/2008

Modified by Floyds_Customs at 8:50 AM 5/13/2008
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by battle951sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Modified by battle951sedan at 8:30 AM 5/13/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what i did and it worked
Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That write up is for a 99-00. I have done it on a 99EM1 and it worked, but I believe the 98 spec steering column wiring may be different. The easy thing to do would be to run a 98 spec fog harness under the dash as provided with that kit, and just plug in the 99 spec fogs up front. They use the same plugs anyway. The only difference between the kits is the fact the 99 spec fogs get their power via the ignition harness, and the 98 spec ones get their power from the ACC outlet on the fuse panel.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 AM

Default Re: (iHEARTmyFERIO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iHEARTmyFERIO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's what i did and it worked </TD></TR></TABLE>

does ur fogs go on when you arm/disarm ur alarm?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsrdEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrdEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

does ur fogs go on when you arm/disarm ur alarm?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup and it actually looks kinda cool that way i wired it like that as soon as i installed it almost 2 years ago and the bulb hasn't burned out on me yet
Old 05-13-2008, 08:48 AM

Default Re: (iHEARTmyFERIO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iHEARTmyFERIO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yup and it actually looks kinda cool that way i wired it like that as soon as i installed it almost 2 years ago and the bulb hasn't burned out on me yet </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno if my hids will like that...
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (battle951sedan)

Do NOT do that write up, run a separate b+ and wire it independently. That fix causes way to much additional stress on the low amp 12v circuit and physically cooks the wire from the inside. It WILL break you turn signal swith and when you run the fogs only on the parking lamp setting you stress the system even more. Don't believe me, open your under hood fusebox and look at the lamp fuse, believe its green with a clear window and you will obser e just how black and much it cooks the wire.again don't do it, ask me if u guys have questions. Advice.. Just run them oem, I did the fix to allow fogs + high beams for night canyon runs.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 AM

some ppl are so funny these days...
here is my heading on local classifieds...
wtt - buddy club p1 racing 15x7 +17 (oakland lake merritt / grand)

heres wut ppl email me...
18' white rota sub zero rims for trade - $450 - (pittsburg / antioch) pic

woooooo 18inchers on a civic... helll yeah! ppl up here can be so fast n furious....
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by portfl0w &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do NOT do that write up, run a separate b+ and wire it independently. That fix causes way to much additional stress on the low amp 12v circuit and physically cooks the wire from the inside. It WILL break you turn signal swith and when you run the fogs only on the parking lamp setting you stress the system even more. Don't believe me, open your under hood fusebox and look at the lamp fuse, believe its green with a clear window and you will obser e just how black and much it cooks the wire.again don't do it, ask me if u guys have questions. Advice.. Just run them oem, I did the fix to allow fogs + high beams for night canyon runs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could just run the 98 spec install with 99 lamps and be within the electrical load limits. The 98 setup will let you run parking lamps and your fogs together. That was something the 99-00 Civics couldn't do without this hack.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all these sedans are making me want mine more and more... its funny cuz im still buying parts for the sedan and i dont even have it yet...
Old 05-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Floyds_Customs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

96 with 99-00 front end!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
i spy my rear visor
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (bonestock91)

i want a rear visor.. anyone got one..
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to be completely honest i havent even read the fix yet cuz im at school, but i have a 96 with 99 fogs and i went through 2 signal switches, also left me stranded 2wice with no light at night. if its the on where you depin a wire and install it to another port under the steering column and requests you change the fuse from a 10 to 15 than i highly reccomend analyzing the diagram. also left my connector under my column dark, charred, and semi crackly. the pvc got hot and got brittle as well did the wiring. i first noticed the drain when i saw teh fuse under the hood and it was very clear what was going on. than again i might be way off someone reinforce what im sayin here...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Civic DX 4dr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic DX 4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i want a rear visor.. anyone got one.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

NOFX has one. PM her.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Default Re: (Sushi Boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sushi Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all these sedans are making me want mine more and more... its funny cuz im still buying parts for the sedan and i dont even have it yet... </TD></TR></TABLE>

its all good i was the same way... had parts and no car....
Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (bonestock91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bonestock91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i spy my rear visor</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i still got mines, waiting for some window visors..looks kinda funny without the side visors..
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by portfl0w &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to be completely honest i havent even read the fix yet cuz im at school, but i have a 96 with 99 fogs and i went through 2 signal switches, also left me stranded 2wice with no light at night. if its the on where you depin a wire and install it to another port under the steering column and requests you change the fuse from a 10 to 15 than i highly reccomend analyzing the diagram. also left my connector under my column dark, charred, and semi crackly. the pvc got hot and got brittle as well did the wiring. i first noticed the drain when i saw teh fuse under the hood and it was very clear what was going on. than again i might be way off someone reinforce what im sayin here...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i haven't checked on my wiring yet but i think the wiring might be able to handle it. through the parking lights or headlights, it looks like the same gauge wire. also, maybe since the foglight has a relay, it's not directly taking power from the parking light wire; maybe just acting as a switch to draw power from a different dedicated line.

then again, i'm not too good with wiring/relays so don't quote me on that.

i'll check my foglight fuse and wiring later.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just installed some new brake pads and rotors...my car needed them BAD. They haven't been changed in 4 years....

Cleaned the wheels while I was at it.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Default Re: (Genuine Rolla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Genuine Rolla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just installed some new brake pads and rotors...my car needed them BAD. They haven't been changed in 4 years....

Cleaned the wheels while I was at it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

did you upgrade or just used oe replacements?

Quick Reply: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2