Notices

WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stag4 4 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throw out bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch

Yesterday I removed y tranny cause I´ve had probems to shift into gears. This is what I found:

I´ve driven this flywheel/clutch combo aprox 3k miles. Its a competition clutch stage 4 clutch. Engine is a stock B16 with EG6 gearbox and quaife LSD. No more mods.

Modified by hovic at 3:35 PM 6/28/2008
Old 06-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch (hovic)

Why so much clutch for a stock motor???
Old 06-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch (SpoolnG2)

cause I switched from a cable to a hydro tranny and I´ll boost my engine in a few month.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch (hovic)

i had the exact same problem with my clutchmaster stage 2, and i mean exact. never found a cause. through a new one in been good for 5,000 plus miles so far. i would double check your fork and make sure its not bent and lube your input shaft to ease the bearing movement.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch (postman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by postman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the exact same problem with my clutchmaster stage 2, and i mean exact. never found a cause. through a new one in been good for 5,000 plus miles so far. i would double check your fork and make sure its not bent and lube your input shaft to ease the bearing movement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you switch to a OEM bearing?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes, i used an oem. my honest thoughts were just a bad bearing possibly when releasing the clutch and the fork slamming back away from the clutch was just to much pressure for the hold tabs. if it help im an ASE certified technician and i came up ith no visible problems to cause this.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? What causes this?? Broken throwout bearing which came with my CC stage 4 clutch (postman)

mh.. no reply from competition clutches or my dealer I got the clutch from
Old 07-03-2008, 08:27 PM

I used an OEM bearing on mine and no problems yet. The CC one didnt fit in my cable a6 tranny anywas.
No idea why that happened but there is alot of pressure being put on that bearing maybe CC uses a cheap one. I woudl only use OEM though.