Notices

Why I chose Multipoint injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I chose Multipoint injection

When you can remember I had no clue what the diff is between Multipoint injection and Sequential injection (Hondas use them) is.

MY tuner says they run Multipoint injection on every Race-car they built, cause it is simplier and easier. It has the big benefit, that you can run less sized injectors, cause they spray 2 times (2 x little injection) per cylinder instead one big injection. The only downside is, that the car needs a bit more fuel and the polution is a bit more, but it shouldŽnt care us. Ther engines rev up to 10500 rpm (little Suzukis 1.3 litre) using this method of injection. Smaller injectors are better in the low rpms.

Car companys only chose sequential injection for polution control and fuel consuption and has nothing to do with better or worser performance.

But switching to Multipoint is not possible without a standalone. I also think Hondata doesŽnt support different injection, or does it?

Race cars with Multipoint:
HALTECH equipped:A punch of different Suzukis, Mitsubishi Evo 4 & 5,
Motec equipped: Mitsubishi Evo6
Old 01-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Why I chosed Multipoint injection (austrian ITR)

Well I have to say I disagree with you tunner. The multipoint, or bank to bank, is more for those who convert their carbs to Electronic fuel injection(EFI). Now he says that is injects fuel 2x more is not really true.
Ok, our cars are a 4 stroke engine and the multipoint will inject fuel twice with in the 4 strokes. So that means that it will inject fuel in the intake and power stroke. So in other words you have just injectected fuel onto the valves but it isnt being utilized like it should. It just sits there untill the next intake stroke comes around and then the injector is pulsed again. Yes it is used for pollution, but also fuel economy. You are gonna use maybe 1/4 more fuel than you would normally use.

Now in a seqential, it only pulses during the intake stroke.
Race cars with Sequential:
SUBARU IMPREZA WRC http://www.procar.it/Cars.htm

IRL and CART http://www.geocities.com/dans500/vstech.htm

art
Old 01-19-2002, 01:23 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Why I chosed Multipoint injection (Arturbo)

And one more thing, with sequential you can run a dual injector set up and probably better performance than you would with a multipoint..

art
Old 01-19-2002, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Why I chosed Multipoint injection (Arturbo)

Yep, you exactly described it how he told me. IŽm faaaar away to run dual injection setup. But I doubt IŽll need 1/4 more fuel, IŽll see.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:34 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Why I chosed Multipoint injection (austrian ITR)

A dual seqeuntial, or mutipoint? And I did fudge the 1/4 more fuel a bit. It wont be that much. http://www.honda.com.pk/pgmf.html