Notices

What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit?????????

Ok in another post I have relized that I want to go with the zex nitrous kit. I have a 94 integra ls with CAI, exhaust, and testpipe. I am going to be use the 55 shot. I am looking to do a dry shot into my intake pretty far away from the TB so the nitrous can spread evenly before it reaches the TB. I am going to purchase the bottle heater with this kit. I have been told to upgrade my spark plugs. Should I do this and what kind should I use. I heard the ZEX plugs have a rough start so I want something that is good all around and can handle the nitrous. Also what other upgrades should I do before installing this kit I want to do it the right way.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (integraautox)

if you REALLY want to get the kit installed the right way, get the piston/rod combo just to be safe. But you can install it without of course.
don't have to fool with the timing, just get the ZEX sp and you should have some fun!!!

i still haven't installed mine yet...
Old 03-01-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (joey1320)

Just install it, I wouldn't run anymore than a 55-shot on a stock motor without tuning, but that is personal preference, mount the jet's between 8 - 12 inches from the TB, get some NGK's 1 or 2 steps colder than stock plugs, and you should be set to go.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:28 PM

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (AresB16A2Turbo)

if youre going o run the zex then just use NGK plugs...go one step colder....you dont need to really upgrade your pistons and rods...theres really no need for that small of an app. Install the jet about 8 inches from the TB and just remember...colder plugs means colder start and lower idle....
Old 03-01-2003, 09:23 PM
New User

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (joey1320)

if you REALLY want to get the kit installed the right way, get the piston/rod combo just to be safe.
It's a 55 shot on a Zex kit. Let's be honest here, that's not enough of a hp increase to constitute a bottom end build.
NGK BKR7Es will be all that you need to run the Zex kit. Personally, I'd get a purge kit and a bottle warner as well. http://www.speedshop.org has nice stuff.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:26 PM

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (laughinxxx)

whats a purge kit?
Old 03-01-2003, 09:57 PM

It purges the lines of gaseaus nitrous so you get a shot of pure liquid nitrous and there is no delay in delivery.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:05 PM

it also makes sure there is no air/space in the line. that way you have as much nitrous going in at one time as possible. its really bad *** when your about to race someone at a light or something and u purge nitrous all over them IMO. i just think its cool.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:52 AM
New User

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (AresB16A2Turbo)

It purges the lines of gaseaus nitrous so you get a shot of pure liquid nitrous and there is no delay in delivery.
Also, after your run you'll want to close your bottle and purge all of the nitrous out of your line. That'll keep the pressure off of your noid seals so that they don't warp.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:26 AM

I always wondered why people put the nozzle like a foot away from the tb...why not put it down by the filter so that it has more time to spread? This would seem like it would also give it better distribution?
Old 03-02-2003, 10:57 AM

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (sporkcrx)

I always wondered why people put the nozzle like a foot away from the tb...why not put it down by the filter so that it has more time to spread? This would seem like it would also give it better distribution?
Think of it as a tornado, or better yet, fill a 2 liter bottle up with water, and spin the bottle so you get a circular waterspout. Where's the skinniest part of that tornado? At the bottom. It's basically the same way when you spray from the snorkel; as you're sucking in air from the filter, the air is naturally going to travel in somewhat of a spiral motion, so when it reaches your tb and goes into the intake manifold and goes down those runners, the way it's been explained to me is that you run a stronger chance of running lean to a cylinder if you spray further away from the throttlebody, and a lesser chance of running lean when you're 8-12" away from the throttlebody; it fills the entire diameter of the throttlebody rather than getting funneled in from such a further distance away. Hope that helped a little bit.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:35 PM
New User

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (Hybrid Invasion)

The nozzle placement debate has been going on forever. Until I see a back to back dyno showing how different nozzle placement affects hp I stand by the thought that as long as the nozzle is more than 7" away from the TB, then the distribution will be fine.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:09 PM

The nozzle placement debate has been going on forever. Until I see a back to back dyno showing how different nozzle placement affects hp I stand by the thought that as long as the nozzle is more than 7" away from the TB, then the distribution will be fine.
hey, how long have you been sprayin? Just curious what kind of setup you have, how big a shot, what motor, and if you've had any problems in reliability. I've been looking to hook up nitrous shortly after I do my b16 swap. just curious.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:18 PM
New User

1. hey, how long have you been sprayin?
2. Just curious what kind of setup you have
3. how big a shot
4. what motor
5. and if you've had any problems in reliability.
1. This will be my second season on the bottle and I have been learning about it for 2 years prior to ever spraying.
2. NOS 05030FI direct port kit with teflon lines and NOS purge kit. It's a shitty kit because of the solenoids. Other than that it's a good kit.
3. 75 shot
4. H22A1
5. I blew the seal on my super power shot nitrous solenoid at least 4 times last season. I moved the noids to the raintray and the problem persisted, so I called NOS. They had me send in my blown seals and they sent me out a new noid with a stronger seal. I'm not holding my breath and have money on the side in case I have to get cheater and proshot noids.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:28 PM

1. This will be my second season on the bottle and I have been learning about it for 2 years prior to ever spraying.
yeah, that's why I've been researching the **** out of nitrous, different setups, reliability, etc. I want to know virtually everything about it, what it can and can't do before I throw a 75 shot on my daily driver. I'm by no means a wealthy man, so if I blow this one up at the track, i'll be ridin a bike to work
Old 03-02-2003, 01:38 PM
New User

I'm in the same boat until I build up a second motor, which won't start for another 6 months and will realistically take a year or two to complete. That's why I take my car to the dyno and get a plot of my AF ratio after every change to the kit.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:45 PM

definetely just make sure to strap your *** to a dyno and check A/F. I've been running 75 shot on D16 for almost a year now
Old 03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What To Use With ZEX Nitrous Kit????????? (BlackCivicD16)

bobby,

if you need anyhelp, this'll be my 3rd nitrous kid install just call me or ryan up or hit me up on AIM -> i3urton014.

-ryan