Notices

Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX?????

Ok I have a 94 integra ls with intake, exhaust, test pipe, flywheel, clutch and some other stuff. I was wondering which nitrous kit would be the safest and easiest to install. Also should I buy new plugs like the zex ones and would a new header make it safer or am I fine with out one. I know I want the nitrous to only be activated at WOT so I have to make the dissicion of which kit. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (integraautox)

I prefer NX. I have owned both Zex and NX kits. I actually sold my Zex kit to get the NX kit. It pulled a lot harder with the NX kit. Zex is easier to install. However, installation for the NX kit isn't that much more difficult. For plugs, I always used ngk-bkr7e's. I tried the zex plugs but my car seemed to start hard. The idle felt a little rough too. You don't need a header but it helps. Get a compression test to make sure everything is ok and use it wisely. Your car will last. I sprayed a NX 75 shot on my SOHC civic for well over a year and never had ANY problems. need more info, pm me. good luck!
Old 02-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (delacampos)

I don't know about pulling harder but NX and NOS are the only two I would use.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (Hatchblack)

alright man here's the rundown for ya. In my opinion the nx kit is the most complete and one of the nicest kits on the market hands down. The zex kit is a dry kit and dry kits are ok but they just aren't that safe, with a dry kit, when you spray you get a lean condition for a split second and your motor running lean is what causes it to blow. The NX kit is a wet kit so it adds fuel with the nitrous to prevent this lean condition. It also has many safety's in the kit. The only 2 kits i would run would be an NX or NOS. I currently run an NX kit cause i just think it is more complete. With a NOS kit you have to buy all the extra safety's that are included in the NX kit. Sorry to sound like an NX comercial. I just think it is a pretty good kit, however NX customer support is the worst i have ever dealt with.

NX kit
zex
NX customer service

oh yeah zex plugs are poo. later
Old 02-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (SilverCivic2k)

nos and nx are the same, id go w/ nos though because of customer service
Old 02-28-2003, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (rOby)

Doesn't the ZEX kit have a built in fuel managment system that controlls the fuel/air ratio's
Old 02-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (SilverCivic2k)

. The zex kit is a dry kit and dry kits are ok but they just aren't that safe, with a dry kit, when you spray you get a lean condition for a split second and your motor running lean is what causes it to blow.
zex

oh yeah zex plugs are poo. later
Have you ever owned a Zex kit before? Zex is probably the safest kit out there. I have a zex kit on my lude and it works great for a dry setup. It has an easy install, and the customer service is great. I highly recommend the zex kit. Yes if you want more than a 75 shot, then go w/ another brand, but Zex is a safe, effective nitrous setup.

ZEX
Old 02-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (integraautox)

Doesn't the ZEX kit have a built in fuel managment system that controlls the fuel/air ratio's
Yep, sure does. The only downfall of the kit is that it isnt a wet kit, and it cannot supply more than a 75 shot.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:45 AM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nos and nx are the same, id go w/ nos though because of customer service
Not the same as far as price. the NX comes with pro fogger solenoids in their import kits. NOS comes with the little ones that lock open and shut. Also, the NX kit is the most complete of all of them. it coems with every littl ebracket and bolt to start and finish the install. the NOS kits are missing taps,screws,mounts etc.. 95% of the time. I would go NX over all of them and definetly dont get ZEX its least safest of all of them.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Nitrous Set Up To Use ZEX or NX????? (MotorMatrix.com)

taps are about 10 bux, the miscallaneous items youd need would amount to about 15 bux as well. w/ this said, id still prefer a nos system w/ the larger noids over the NX. nx customer service is shitty and the lil fuel t's they provide are worthless, they are guranteed to slip..give it time!(mines slipped on the frwy going 75 mph! and fuel sprayed everywhere). if you follow nitrous closely you will see that nos will introduce a product only to have nx "rebaggy" it. price should be a justification for your purchase of a kit...buy from me haha. actually, the best method of distribution are dist blocks that are triangular or showerheads. the nos triangles came out about 7 months before the nx showerhead come front.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:30 AM
New User

NX vs Zex?
NX all the way.
I run NOS because I can replace every little bit and piece of their kits and they are easy to upgrade. However, their powershot noids are ****.