Notices

Nitrous Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Kit

Hope this is the right place but here goes: First off I am a noob when it comes to nitrous. I have ruled out SC or Turbo or any internal engine mods, due to the fact I live in Ky and no one around knows how to tune or anyhting, so i think i will be better off with nitrous. I plan to drag race at the track, and make driving a little more exciting. My question is since i have never installed nitrous before should I get the zex basic 50hp kit (dry) or the NOS basic kit(dry). I really want the NOS kit but i don't know how much harder it is to install than the zex kit. any input is appreciated. also include what else i might need other than the basic kit! -clint
Old 06-23-2003, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (clintwsi)

i run the zex kit. Its a quick install, and if i didnt just sell my kit (needed money) you could have bought it. With the NOS u have to custom a bracket for the microswitch (zex simplfied this by tapping into the tps wire). Either way its good, but look into a NX wet kit, been hearing great things about them.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:56 AM

Go Zex- it's a little more idiot-proof than other nitrous kits.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ZEX
Old 06-23-2003, 11:33 AM

Location: yea thats right i got a flowmaster and it owns you, Oklahoma, usa
Default Re: Nitrous Kit (RyanCivic2000)

you should definately go with a wet kit a friend of mine had a 92 hatch with an ex motor on a dry 50 shot and i killed him real hard with a b16a in my crx he is in the middle of getting a wet kit, his dry we could barely feel it kick in but thats only my opinion
Old 06-23-2003, 12:08 PM
JdmVetteEater

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (smokinvtecCRX18)

wet NOS all the way..... dry no fuel---BOOM
Old 06-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (JdmVetteEater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmVetteEater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> dry no fuel---BOOM</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not if you get the fuel there through the injectors.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (Nextekhatch)

I would like a nx or nos wet kit but I do not know if i would be able to install it, and I am the only one around here that could install it! do ya'll think that i would be able to install it being that i have never installed one before? or should i start with the zex kit?? which one would be more reliable????

Also what guages do you guys run/do i need?
I know I need a Nitrous Pressure Guage to know how much pressure the bottle has, but what are any other guages that i need?

Also on my 2000 Civic Si w/ AEM CAI, TRM, test pipe, and DC 4-1 Header with the 50-75hp nitrous kit that I could put down 200 whp??

Modified by clintwsi at 6:52 PM 6/23/2003
Old 06-23-2003, 09:17 PM

nos is not something to be taken lightly and if you don't know how to install it- and don't have anyone experienced to help- it would be best to forget the whole idea. "NOS" is not the only answer for hp and definately not the safest.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (The Raven)

nx kit
seen better results with nx and nice set-up as well
Old 06-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (lowcivex)

imnewb, i know dry shots are for light modded engines. can NX wet kit be used for lightly modded engines?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (nocaryet)

Zex
Old 06-23-2003, 11:24 PM

Mista bone is running VERY quick times on slicks and zex I say stay with zex, they have made it a more user friendly set up. Safety is first, then reliability, then speed.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:40 AM
New User

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (00b16)

ive been running a zex kit for 2 years and i have had no problems with it,...just make sure you dont abuse the nitrous,..spray smart,...i usually just purge mine whenever someone revs at me,..shuts them right up
Old 06-24-2003, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous Kit (nocaryet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nocaryet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imnewb, i know dry shots are for light modded engines. can NX wet kit be used for lightly modded engines?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, You dont make a wet kit work. The problem is that your motor is not made for Fuel running intake manifold. When it does that, it pudds and exactly makes the car run lean. Can they be used? Yes, but you have to take the pros and cons of the wet setup. You are going to make the most power with a dry setup, because your motor is stock.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (JdmVetteEater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmVetteEater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wet NOS all the way..... dry no fuel---BOOM</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do some reaasearch before you speak please. The Zex kit is the most efficient nitrous kit on the market. Evem more "safe" than the wet kit NOS, NX, or any others for that matter. I have been running Zex for a little over a year and the only problem i've had is keeping my foot off the accelerator! Easy simple install. No worries about detonation and it's all fun after that!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, You dont make a wet kit work. The problem is that your motor is not made for Fuel running intake manifold. When it does that, it pudds and exactly makes the car run lean. Can they be used? Yes, but you have to take the pros and cons of the wet setup. You are going to make the most power with a dry setup, because your motor is stock. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well Put my friend
Old 06-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (redlinegsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well Put my friend</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks *laughs like a little school girl*
Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 AM

I have decided to go with the zex kit for now, due to its ease of installing.

So zex measure flywheel horspower??? So i could run a 60-75 shot and it would be ok??

What jets does the kit come with, i am unsure and can't find it on their site!

I am also getting zex plugs and a nitrous guage, but I havea guage bezel that holds 2 guages so i need another guage, what will be a guage that is easy to install and could help with the nitrous?
1. a fuel pressure guage?
2. air/fuel guage?
Any suggestions?????
Old 06-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So zex measure flywheel horspower???</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So i could run a 60-75 shot and it would be ok?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would use the 60 first then upgrade if you need

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What jets does the kit come with, i am unsure and can't find it on their site! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I cant remember off hand, someone please help him

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am also getting zex plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

For every 50 shot of nitrous, you need to retard your timing by 2 degrees and put a step cold plug in. ( you do that for safely, I tune the car to the nitrous and I run it just before the edge of detonation).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but I have a gauge bezel that holds 2 guages so i need another gauge, what will be a gauge that is easy to install and could help with the nitrous?
1. a fuel pressure gauge?
2. air/fuel gauge?
Any suggestions?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of those two, fuel pressure. The air/fuel guage is worthless. Or I would got a Exhaust Tempersure gauge.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any suggestions?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, when you install the kit, start the jetting at the lowest jet possible, then slowly bump up to the shot you would like/want (each time pull your plugs and look at the white part of the plug and see if there is spot on them. spot is detonation)
Old 06-24-2003, 01:17 PM

and what do i do about detonation???
Old 06-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What jets does the kit come with, i am unsure and can't find it on their site! </TD></TR></TABLE>
The Honda kit comes with 55, 65, and 75 horsepower jettings. You can purchase extra jettings for up to a 125 shot through ZEX.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clintwsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and what do i do about detonation???</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need either need more fuel, less nitrous, less timing, and/or colder plugs.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Kit (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The Honda kit comes with 55, 65, and 75 horsepower jettings. You can purchase extra jettings for up to a 125 shot through ZEX.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, Ryan
Old 06-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks, Ryan </TD></TR></TABLE>

no prob.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Kit