Notices

What Seal is Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Seal is Bad?

This is prolly gonig to be a hard one to just answer but here's my problem...

When I first turboed my car, I had a remtoe oil filter/oil cooler. all connected to the spin on adapter. originalyl with that setup. we had NO oil pressure. no oil would even come out of the block. I of coruse, had a check engine light. Being the dumb me, I never really read up on how bad it was so we dropve it to the muffler shop and back with no poil pressure gonig through the motor and to the turbo. after that day of driving, I was driving (never brought past 3,500rpm) and above 2,500rpm it would make a bearing siezing type metal grinding noise. i was like oh ****. so we finally find out no oil pressure. so we took off the spin on adapter, moutne dthe oil fitler back to where it belonged and now we have oil pressure again. I accidentally overfilled the oil by about 3/4 of a quart. but the oil light is gone now. anyways I've been driving around for the past week and it's been running good and doesn't make that weird grinding nosie anymore(which I figure was the turbo but maybe the block?) But today when driving, my friend said my car puffs alot of blue whenevr I am driving aorund. whenver I am more then 50-75% throttle, it puffs blue, same with when I blip the throttle for rev match downshift. it puffs, then on the initial constant down rev it is blowing blue. we did some testing and drove it around, and they say it puffs alot when my engine is not udner major load(boost) as soon as I'm in boost, the puffing of blue isn't nearly as bad, but still noticeable. it puffs blue at high revs(which it did before hand). So now my question is, could it be my valve guides? or piston rings? or something much worse? my turbo is not blowing oil through it's seals as I checked the charge pipes. wehn I took it for a semi hard drive. and then comig to a stop, I downshfited, rev matched and big puff of blue, when i stopped. it kept blowing blue for a while(enough for me to see the blue out the abck window, it climbed prolly another 2 feet before vanishing if that explains how thick/much it is. we let it sit for a while, then turned the car back on, let it warm up, then gave it some short revs(nothing over 4 grand) and at first it was fine, but then it started to puff soem blue, soemtims at idle it'll keep puffing tiny bit of blue, soemtiems it won't. it's a pretty light coloured blue. Any ideas what it could be? my oil is still nice and brownish no milky substance. coolant level in res and rad is fine. so I assume my head gasket is okay...

Pistons rings prolly
Old 04-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im no mechanic but that doesnt sound good... oil is important... good luck and hope its nothing too bad. maybe its time for a nice rebuild
Old 04-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dunkd)

Sounds like ur an idiot for driving your car with no oil pressure, and when you heard a grinding noise you kept driving it? Sorry to sound mean, but it sounds like you knew it wasn't too healthy for the engine.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m R g S r)

You're totally right. I admit to being an idiot and I'm paying for my actions. I have a spare b17 block I will throw in it it comes down to it. which it looks like it will.