Notices

What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i need?

Ok i will be running a t3/t4E 50 trim stage 3 impeller and 48 ar on a drag manifold.
(buying for my buddy)
This will be on my stock b16A2 only at 7 psi. (looking for 200-220 at the wheels.)

I want to know if i need to change the injectors? fuel pump? oil pan?
What would be the best engine management, would an apex'i be enough to control a/f ratio?
And what else to watch for?

Thanx, like you can see i'm a newb on turbo setups so i desperatly need you're help.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:27 PM

For injector is your choice.
310cc and 255 fuel pump.
stock injector with inline/255 fuel pump and raise your fuel pressure. You cant run all fuel setup in stock form.. Need one or other or both..
Oil pan???? why you need to upgrade that? It got nothing to do with turbo except the oil return hole...
Apexi vafc would do the trick for 7psi... and tune it right or else you waste all your money and your motor and the car...

Be smart and dont floor it until you get the fuel to perfect form or else you end up on a tow truck...
Old 05-15-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: (Turbo-Honda)

Umm.. I'm with "Tony" on this one. I can't see what the oil pan had to do with anything, but i guess it didn't hurt to ask.

Everything you have would be fine except for the AFC. The S/VAFC for boost isn't my idea of a "good idea". In the real world, you'll need to pull some timing/psi - probably around 0.7degrees/psi on a set-up like yours. Know how much is pulled with the S/VAFC? None. Spend $0 and get Uberdata which is equivicable to Hondata and tune it with that. Even if you don't know how to tune for your life, you can set it up to get a safe baseline going for you and go from there. your final setup should go something like this:

255lph pump
310cc injectors
Uberdata
Your current turbo
Your current manifold
just about any intercooler
just about any BOV
stock FPR

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head at 2am. Hope it helps.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1316130057)

I'm going to disagree with the 310cc injectors. While they would support the ~200 whp power level, they'd be awfullyclose to maxxed out. Injectors operate bettter and are more responsive to adjustment when they are sized a little bigger than needed.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (J. Davis)

At 2:28 and slightly intoxicated, I somewhat agree with Mr. Davis. I'd still keep the 310's in your case, but I'd up the ante on the FPR to an AEM. 50+psi inital pressure will do wonders for those teeny injectors. And your love life!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Or we could ditch the FPR idea and crush the OEM one a bit in a vise until 50 psi rail pressure was acheived.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:07 AM

Thanx for the help guys. SO i need to get 310 cc injectors (at least) and a bigger fuel pump.

Should i change the fuel rail and put a pressure regulator?

The oil pan i was just asking so thanx for not flamming my stupidity.

WOuld afc be enough to manage the engine? I'll alos ask my tuner but is not around for a month. I'll put it together and tune it at thesame tiem. I know that tuning is the key.

Thanx again.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: (sebmour jdm)

I'd steer clear of the AFC unless you're coming to terms with possibly blowing up one day after short shifting into 5th. Get you self some Uber and make better numbers and still sleep well at night.

Keep the rail stock, the regulator in some way shape or form will need adressing. Mr. Davis suggests smashing it ala DSM BOV's. Does it work? Yeah. Is it "safe" ummm.....I'd go with the AEM lol. Just in case you need more fuel pressure after all. That regulator is only gonna get but so flat with the "hammer time" technique. Besides..what if you've flattened it too much, can't exactly unflatten it. Then again, you're not exactly looking for astronomical numbers, so it may be worth it. In either case, you'll have to do something. Other than that, you're on the right track.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1316130057 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mr. Davis suggests smashing it ala DSM BOV's. Does it work? Yeah. Is it "safe" ummm.....I'd go with the AEM lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So I'm ghetto, **** off
Old 05-16-2004, 09:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So I'm ghetto, **** off </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, nothing new there
Old 05-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pffft.

You ever make your way out to NC, you have the same standing offer Mase does... all night binge drinking and picking up filthy bar *****, or a fistfight.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pffft.

You ever make your way out to NC, you have the same standing offer Mase does... all night binge drinking and picking up filthy bar *****, or a fistfight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. What, I can't have all three?! At 6'6" 255lbs, I'm good at all of the above.

BTW, you purveyor of all things frugal, know where I can find a laptop that works for cheap?
Old 05-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Works, or works well?

I've got a spare 150 Mhz P1 Toshiba Satellite, dunno if it even works as the battery is dead and it requires some wierd 15 volt @ 3 amp powersupply. Probably not worth muching with unless you already have a lab grade PS for electonics hobby stuff to test with (I don't )
Old 05-17-2004, 01:41 PM

Hello could i get answers please. No garbage thanx. I need as much info as possibel as i don't want to screw this setup up.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sebmour jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello could i get answers please. No garbage thanx. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You got a surprisingly large amount of answers for the garbage question you asked. Most people would have been rude, or suggested you use the search function.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Works, or works well?

I've got a spare 150 Mhz P1 Toshiba Satellite, dunno if it even works as the battery is dead and it requires some wierd 15 volt @ 3 amp powersupply. Probably not worth muching with unless you already have a lab grade PS for electonics hobby stuff to test with (I don't )</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, then I'll have to slide that question into the "works well" catagory. I have some RC chargers that charge all sorts of voltages at all sorts of amperages, but it still seems like somewhat of a gamble if you're unsure that it works. No sweat, I'll probably pick one up tomorrow because using my bro's stuff ain't gonna cut it forever.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sebmour jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello could i get answers please. No garbage thanx. I need as much info as possibel as i don't want to screw this setup up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For starters, you've already gotten your answer multiple times. For finishers, you've stated one of the most ungrateful and ignorant things a poster could possibly post to two of the most volatile members on H-T that truthfully shouldn't waste time responding to something to trivial. Do you think that anyone on this board is here to serve you, or that we beg for the opportunity to help you? The answers (which have been posted repeatedly) aren't good enough for you? Have you ever tasted another man's *******? Well congrats. You just have.

lol....oilpan. You've just promoted your self to being the butt of my jokes for people who ask stupid questions for months to come.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:51 AM

Ok, having a bad day. I understand that the question has been answered but i wanted to know if there were any other possibility's?

And I don't think you guys are their to serve me and i am happy and greatfull that you have answer my questions. But now back the F*$# up and take a deep breath and think about what you wrote. If you guys want to talked about something else well post don't do it here.

Thank you very much for your answers and honesty but i hope you can take my also. I'm glad i made you laugh and amuse you.

Have a nice day.

I made a mistake i did not want to say oil pan but oil pump. SORRY if my english is not perfect maudit tata qui n'a rien à faire sauf se moquer des autres et qui rie tout seul quand il est occupé sur l'ordinateur. Comment tu aimes ça là?

Old 05-18-2004, 01:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I understand that the question has been answered but i wanted to know if there were any other possibility's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you should have simply asked that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But now back the F*$# up and take a deep breath and think about what you wrote. If you guys want to talked about something else well post don't do it here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We spoke on other things because your dumbass question was already answered no less than 3 times, so we meandered onto other things apparantly of more importance.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maudit tata qui n'a rien à faire sauf se moquer des autres et qui rie tout seul quand il est occupé sur l'ordinateur. Comment tu aimes ça là?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. We did tell you what won't work for you. You just didn't want to accept it. And we should have mocked you a hell of a lot more for the oilpan comment. Oh and BTW, since you asked, I liked that a lot. I like it more in African or Japanese. Maybe Swiss. To answer your new question, acquérir un nouveau lumineux chrome poêle de huile pour tes pièce avant de merde. Mohaya nanisama za naraku yu-hadazawari abauto achira?? Hakuchi.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sebmour jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maudit tata qui n'a rien à faire sauf se moquer des autres et qui rie tout seul quand il est occupé sur l'ordinateur. Comment tu aimes ça là?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I have nothing better to do with my time than make fun of people. As for what I think of that? At least I don't eat poutine, stunna.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:04 PM
TurboJesse

why keep/buy the 310's (which are prolly expensive rc units) and FPR (atleast $150) when you could just run DSM 450's for $50 ? doesn't make sense to me
Old 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM

Je suis bien content que vous comprenez le français mais je peux voir qu'il aussi nul que mon anglais. EN-t-k j'Ai mais réponse et je passe Ã* autres choses. Je crois que si tu n'as que ton temps Ã* perde Ã* rire des gens, tu n'as pas de vie criss de petit emmerdeur.

Bonne journée et je suis bien content d'avoir gaspillé deux minutes de mon temps pour te dire ce que je pense innocent.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Paix, monseur.

Within the budgetary contraints I inferred from your desired power and mention of the inexpensive AFC, my advice is wholly correct and there is no other valid option at this present time. I answered your questions completely and thoroughly, and to the best of my not inconsiderable experience. I may sound like a pompous *** saying that, but all I do is play with Honda ECUs, standalones, AFC hacks, and oddball projects. I know how things work, how to make them work, and I'm not a fan of spending money to get some shiny anodized/chromed part with the same or less functionality you can find elsewhere for less.

I hijacked your thread, you can't use the search function. I'm an *******, you're French Canadian. Sounds like we have some common ground here, can we forget the ignorant American posturing versus the Quebecois penchant for blasphemous catholic derived slang/swearing and be friends?

Old 05-19-2004, 02:36 PM

J.Davis thanx for the info. I'll trust you're experienced. I had heard from other threads that the apexi was enough for this asking since i have one. Now i know i'll be going either hondata or aem. Thanx for you're advice and if you want to start over and be friends why not?

Thanx again. Boost is coming pretty soon and i'm excited about it.