Notices

Wastegate stuck open

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate stuck open

I have a turbosmart wastegate that came with my revhard kit. It is always open; it blows exhaust at idle. But, it still functions in the way of limiting boost. I added a manual boost controller and turned it up to ~7.5 psi. So the wastegate is doing it's job but it's no good having it open all the time. My car sounds like a lawnmower and I'm sure it's killing my spool-up time.

I took off the wastegate yesterday and found that it looked like the valve couldn't seal if it wanted to. It's almost like it's missing an o-ring or something. There's a gap all the way around the valve.

Revhard said I could send it in to them to have them fix it for $75 or buy a new one for $275.

The wastegate has been stuck open since the day I installed it.

What should I do?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wastegate stuck open (Chuck Dean)

if its anything similar to the tial wastegates then yea it sounds like its missing a metal sealing ring, whn i bought my tial 38mm it came witha metal ring that you have to put in the hole where the valve sits which is what seals it....if not there is an open gap around the valve....sounds just like what you have, call revhard and ask them about it, and tell them to send you the ring, im sure they have them and sell replacement parts...but it seems that would be all it is and yes it is hurting yur spool up time.......peace

Trav