Notices

Want to know what the main difference between the SSAC wastegate and a Tial is? Look here...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to know what the main difference between the SSAC wastegate and a Tial is? Look here...

Ok, a lot has been posted about this in the past. Do the SSAC wastegates work? Are they worth the money?

The 35mm version that I have works. Does it work well? Yes (ie no boost creep, actuates when its supposed to). Does it sound good? No.

The wastegate makes a loud banging noise when the pressure actuates it.

Why? Because air leaks past the valve stem at an unusually large rate, causing the valve poppet to bang against the valve guide / body. Almost like a rather large boost leak (even though it still holds boost pressure to an extent). I purchased a used Tial 38mm wastegate from a user here a week or two ago.

Upon inspection (with an air pump), the gate holds pressure much better than the SSAC. I don't know if this is a problem with all SSAC wastegates, or just mine. I plan on replacing my SSAC wastegate with a Tial to alleviate the loud banging issue (among other things).

We'll see what SSAC has to say about this, since the WG is still under the 1 yr warranty.

I'll try and get photos up when I have a chance.....

Modified by opto_isolator at 7:12 PM 12/6/2004
Old 12-06-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Want to know what the main difference between the SSAC wastegate and a Tial is? Look here... (o

i have the stone racing, not sure if it is the same as the ssac but mine holds boost like a ****, i have never seen it creep even in cold december, and to tell the truth i cant even hear it open, and i have a open DP
ie i glad i got it
Old 02-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Want to know what the main difference between the SSAC wastegate and a Tial is? Look here... (o

I know I'm bringing this back from the dead. There has been many threads about SSAC manifolds and their turbos, but lets gets some more user info on their wastegates and blow off valves. Please chime in if you have use one or both...lets get some folks to take pics of Tial and these knock off so that we may see the differents.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:55 PM

bump
Old 02-21-2005, 03:27 PM

just got turbo wastgate bov from them, makin my own mani, we'll see how they work
Old 02-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've got a 35mm wg and a 50mm bov from ssautochrome, the wg work fine, but the bov sound like a turkey calling, it dont sound anything like bov sound, and i dont know why?
i dont know if this true or not, the bov have a 8 psi spring in it, and i'm boosting 6 psi, maybe i have to boost it up to 8 psi in order too sound right, any one know why???
Old 02-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboteg8)

Turboteg8, try connecting the BOV to a stronger vac source.

And I wouldn't even bother bolting up their turbo's. Thats the one product of theirs I have never read good things about.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MooreBoost)

opto_isolator

good test.

let everyone know what SSAC says about the gate.

platinum.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: (platinum00)

bump lets hear more from poeple using it, we should settle this once and for all. This way...all the big ballas on H-T can get the Tial products While the poor little H-T'er with $175 can get his or her car boost'n. I would like this thread to be as in the movie" Troy" -poor guy- "All those Tial product your buying is expensive.. I don't think I can afford it". H-T ballas- "Thats why no one will remember your name.." lol, I don't mind if no one remember's my name just as long a I can boost damit!!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: (MooreBoost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooreBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turboteg8, try connecting the BOV to a stronger vac source.

And I wouldn't even bother bolting up their turbo's. Thats the one product of theirs I have never read good things about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah... Don't **** with their turbos it will leave you pist off in the middle of the street or freeway, lol