Notices

Vacuum line for wastegate question????

Old 07-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum line for wastegate question????

OK I tried searching and I've just found a few answers to my problem but then I see another topic/post saying a completely different thing. I bought one of those SS Autochrome turbo kits for my hatch and I don't really know where to run the vac line from my WG. I've been told run it to the turbo, one of the intercooler pipes, break booster, or the fuel pressure regulator. I just need to know whats fact and what is the most simple. Thanks in advance for HELPFUL answers.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Vacuum line for wastegate question???? (MikeNice)

Run it from the turbo or before the intercooler to the botton nipple on the wastegate you dont use the top one unless ur have a EBC
Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Vacuum line for wastegate question???? (90-Civic-Si)

it goes right from that hole to the bottom of wastegate hole.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any of the above places will work.. But keep in mind say your running low boost ~7psi, you have pressure drop though your intercooler/charge pipes etc.. So if you run the vac line at the turbo, your wastegate will open when your making 7psi at the turbo, you might only be seeing 5.5-6psi at the IM.

I ran mine to the IM, if your not running a vac block, T into the Brake booster line, its the biggest vac line and will see pressure differences faster than other sources.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Vacuum line for wastegate question???? (HamiltonRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any of the above places will work.. But keep in mind say your running low boost ~7psi, you have pressure drop though your intercooler/charge pipes etc.. So if you run the vac line at the turbo, your wastegate will open when your making 7psi at the turbo, you might only be seeing 5.5-6psi at the IM.

I ran mine to the IM, if your not running a vac block, T into the Brake booster line, its the biggest vac line and will see pressure differences faster than other sources.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So If I run it from the turbo I will lose a few psi, but will it effect how fast it spools up?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM
B A N N E D

Ive never heard of anyone putting it anywhere else, every turbo civic ive seen comes off turbo.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeNice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So If I run it from the turbo I will lose a few psi, but will it effect how fast it spools up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, no effect on spool time, and if you run it off the turbo and your using a 7psi WG spring.. Your boost gauge may read only 6psi if its connected at the IM. I prefer to use the same source for all vac.

As for the guy never seeing anywhere but on the turbo, you obviously havent seen many turbo cars, my t3/t4 garrett dosent even have a fitting on it for vac, so unless i drill/tap it i have to run it from somewhere else.. which is perfectly fine.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
B A N N E D

actually ive seen tons, few everyday almost. So you are saying that its a big deal that if I have a say 8psi spring, and itopens, and my gauge reads 7, thats a problem? i just turn the boost up till it reads what i want...whats the difference?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (DecentCivicZ6)

this guy jsut posted his setup on another thread talking aboout turbo and idle spin, his vacuum hose is just like mine. all the way at bottom of page

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=2